Alternate parking at Jaxport Cruise Terminal

Thad409

Yes, there is cheaper parking. I don't remember the name of it, but there's a place less than 1/2 mile from the port parking, and there are a couple of other places within a couple of miles that have shuttle service.

I'll be going right past it this coming week; perhaps I could get the info for you. When are you cruising?

We parked at Jax park and cruise which is now VIP parking. Was very happy with them and would park there again. Here is a link to another thread about this on the Florida departure boards.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1578687&highlight=jacksonville+parking

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Ready2cruise - with the VIP - do you only pay the $5 per day plus taxes? Or is there a charge per each person that rides the shuttle? their website makes it appear that it is only the $5 a day but just wanted to check. Also I understand that you have to leave your car key with them, correct? & how exact do you have to be on when you'll need pick up. I'm not sure when self depart takes place for my zone.

Ready2cruise - with the VIP - do you only pay the $5 per day plus taxes? Or is there a charge per each person that rides the shuttle? their website makes it appear that it is only the $5 a day but just wanted to check. Also I understand that you have to leave your car key with them, correct? & how exact do you have to be on when you'll need pick up. I'm not sure when self depart takes place for my zone.

When we used them it was $5 per day parking and the shuttle was included. Yes you leave your car keys. When you disembark you will walk outside the terminal and there will be shuttles. Just look for the VIP shuttle. There will be personnel there to help, they were dressed in red t-shirts when we were there. Make sure and tell them your car ticket number when you are boarding to go back to your car so that your car will be ready and waiting for you. Just ask when you drop off your car how to identify the shuttle and personnel. We were one of the last sets of people to disembark and the shuttle was there waiting for us. They have several shuttles that run. The parking lot was secure and the price was great. If you have any questions just call them and they will answer them for you.

thought of two more questions:

Do you have to book ahead of time, or a can you just show up?

Is their lot at the airport - will I have to be driving into the airport where others are trying to fly out or pick passengers up?

thought of two more questions:

Do you have to book ahead of time, or a can you just show up?

Is their lot at the airport - will I have to be driving into the airport where others are trying to fly out or pick passengers up?

Reservations are a good idea, but I don't think necessary. Their lot is on the road near the airport where all the motels are -easy in & out and quick access to the interstate.

• 3 years later...
Just a word of advice for Jacksonville......they will not let you into the parking lot until the previous cruise has cleared so if you arrive before 10:30 it is very likely you will be turned around and made to come back.

Not a big deal, but I would plan accordingly......

I hope you have a great cruise!!

Thanks for the advice....I have read about arriving at the port too early. We are planning on arriving around 11:00.