Extended family cruise suggestions needed

Hello,

My aunt, who recently passed away, had traveled to Ireland a few times. Since her passing, I've been thinking about getting my extended family together for a cruise to someplace similar to Ireland; without having to do an actual European cruise. Does anyone know of any ports (Caribbean, US, etc.) which would be great to visit for a "taste of Ireland"? Also, do any of the mainstream cruise lines offer themed Irish / St. Patrick's Day cruises?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

My aunt, who recently passed away, had traveled to Ireland a few times. Since her passing, I've been thinking about getting my extended family together for a cruise to someplace similar to Ireland; without having to do an actual European cruise. Does anyone know of any ports (Caribbean, US, etc.) which would be great to visit for a "taste of Ireland"? Also, do any of the mainstream cruise lines offer themed Irish / St. Patrick's Day cruises?

Thanks in advance.

You might consider a Canada/New England cruise. Some of the Canadian ports like Halifax, Nova Scotia always remind me of London a bit.

The only Ireland you'll really experience is by booking a British Isles cruise, on my dream cruise wish list. Most of the major lines offer them like Princess, Cunard, Royal Caribbean, Holland America Line.

There are both 8 and 12 day cruises with stops in Ireland, Scotland, Wales, New Castle on Tyne.

I think a Canada/New England cruise is your best bet for experiencing anything remotely like Ireland, because the Caribbean is the furthest thing from the Emerald Isle.

Jonathan