Taxi availability in Kona

amcb

We wanted to check on the availability of taxis in Kona. We are hoping to do a family friendly fishing trip, but they leave from a different port about 15 minutes away. Will we have any difficulty finding a taxi?

Thanks in advance,

amcb

We took a catamaran cruise from another small port near Kona, probably the same one as you. You can prebook a taxi, but I don't think you will have any problem finding one without a reservation.

There is a small parking area in Kona where several cars were waiting when we approached. The drivers were all out of their cars and chatting. We stood and waited for someone to approach. They ignored us, which was unexpected as in most caribbean ports you would be swarmed by people trying to book their taxi. Not so here. I thought maybe they were off duty or private tours or prebooked or something. Finally, we walked a few feet over and were greeted by a very nice lady who said she'd take us to the bay where we needed to be.

Very enjoyable ride, and she gave us her card and offered to meet us at the time our tour was scheduled to return. When we got to the back after the tour, I did not see any taxis waiting other than hers so was very glad we had done this.

Edited by punkincc

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...