Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Costa Maya

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old November 17th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question David and Ivan - no response to inquiries as yet

I am wondering if any of you who have used David and Ivan can tell me how long the company takes to respond to their inquiries. It has been a couple of days now and I still have not heard anything from them. I have emailed and submitted two inquiries via the web. Their website indicates they generally respond back within a day.
Also has anyone done the 5 hour Mayan experience tour with David and Ivan and if so, any feedback?

Thanks for your help

Old November 18th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Cool Cruiser

Exclamation David and Ivan's email

David and Ivan frequently have problems with their email connection. The first time we emailed them they got right back to us. When we booked, it took several days to get a reply. I just emailed them, almost a week ago (11/10), to re-confirm our tour and haven't heard from them yet so I think they must be having server problems.

Keep trying.

Old November 18th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedMike
David and Ivan frequently have problems with their email connection. The first time we emailed them they got right back to us. When we booked, it took several days to get a reply. I just emailed them, almost a week ago (11/10), to re-confirm our tour and haven't heard from them yet so I think they must be having server problems.

Keep trying.
Had the same problem in July. So went thru Shore trips. It was a little more but I had the trip within 24 hours
try this Shoretrips.com
Will be on this tour 1 DEC. 06

Paul

Old November 19th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

I just received an e-mail from Ivan. The infrastructure in Costa Maya is just not as reliable as it is here. You may wish to send a follow up message. I am absolutely certain that it is not because they are not responsive, but rather having technical difficulties...

Old November 19th, 2006, 08:05 PM
5,000+ Club

Unfortunately David and Ivan do get internet service provider problems.
Be persistant - they are most definitely worth it - one of the best tours I have ever taken.
NCL Sun Jan 2006
NCL Sun Dec 2004
NCL Sky Feb 2004
Bolero
Sundream
Carousel

Old November 20th, 2006, 01:51 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Definitly... take them..

I must admit... the tour with Ivan was INCREDIBLE!!!! and worth every penny and headache getting ahold of them. They are super busy there as well as the issues with the internet... so be patient.

Old November 20th, 2006, 05:40 AM
Cool Cruiser

I've just received an e-mail from Ivan on a follow up question after our tour to Chacchoben in early Nov. I can understand how busy folks, who are used to getting almost instant replies to e-mails, get frustrated and think they are not being attended to when replies from the Mayan coast sometimes takes days or longer.
Please hang in there though it is worth it.
Costa Maya is at the very early stages of development and I'm sure if you go back in 5 - 10 years the place will be developed beyond recognition.
Lots of people, myself included, will not be sure that this is necessarily a good thing.

Old November 20th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

I am having the same difficulty. I tried the phone numbers on the site and they are not good. Filled out the form and sent other emails. We will be there on the 20th of December so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

Old November 20th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Quick Response

I emailed David and Ivan last night for a tour in February and received a reply this morning. I submitted the reservation request through their on-line registration form (did not use the email address link).

Old November 21st, 2006, 01:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Cool David and Ivan email

I received a reply to my re-confirmation email from Ivan this morning (11/21). Don't be in a hurry -- they WILL get back to you, but sometimes it is sporadic!

Looking forward to the Maya Experience tour with them on Dec 4th!