National express booking problem

I have followed the excellent advice on booking the coach from heathrow to Southampton coach station, unfortunately when I try to buy my tickets online I receive a declined notice. I have called my bank and credit card companies first as I tried using both and have been assured they have no holds and are allowing foreign transactions. I emailed national express and just received a reply that I have not cleared their online security. I was advised I could buy a ticket at the station from the driver I am afraid to rely on this as I may not get seats any advice is greatly appreciated.

I would recheck with the CC company

I told ours we were going to buy tickets on NE the next day I tried it was declined

DH called and asked why the lady said OOPS ..it was in your file but they failed to look

Good luck

maybe even do the booking while you have the CC person on the phone ;)

Works with Nat Express for most folk from the US, but this is not the first time I've heard of this problem with them. Same applies to one or two other organisations, and its clearly an authorisation issue.

The sum is small - can I suggest you try a different card, or even a friend's.

JB :)

Thank you for the helpful information. I took a chance and tried booking again and IT WORKED! I feel much better now tha I know I have a confirmed reservation. I booked the 11:30 as our flight arrives at 7:40 . I was not sure if we would make the 9:45.

Thank you for the helpful information. I took a chance and tried booking again and IT WORKED! I feel much better now tha I know I have a confirmed reservation. I booked the 11:30 as our flight arrives at 7:40 . I was not sure if we would make the 9:45.

That was pretty pessimistic. 0740 arrival should be clear by 0830 and even if you did miss the coach due to flight delays, it is easy to re-book on a later one.

Still - it gives you time for a leisurely breakfast.

That was pretty pessimistic. 0740 arrival should be clear by 0830 and even if you did miss the coach due to flight delays, it is easy to re-book on a later one.

About an hour from touch-down to arrivals hall for you & me, Bob, but immigration lines can be long for non-EC passengers.

But if the yoyo's flight is on time & immigration is smooth, yes there's a very good prospect of making it in time for the 9.45, in which case your comment also works the other way round -the tickets can be switched to the 9.45 coach subject to an admin fee of about £5.

Either coach may be fully-booked, better to be guaranteed seats on the later one cos it's a 60-mile walk to Southampton ;)

JB :)

Edited by John Bull