Roll Call: Celebrity Century - April 16, 2009

PRgymnast

Hi everyone,

I was just on the Atlantis charter on Solstice and I had such an amazing time that I booked again for 2010 for my 5th Atlantis charter.

Well, a couple of days ago, I got an email for great deals on short Celebrity cruises. To make a long story short, I got a Sky Suite for an incredible deal -- about 3-4x less than I paid for my regular balcony room on Solstice. So I went ahead and purchased a lil surprise for my partner. I know this is not going to be anything like a charter but was wondering if any other family members are going to be on board? We're definitely going for the luxury and pampering experience and not the parties and warm & fuzzy you get on an all-gay cruise.:rolleyes:

We're definitely very friendly so if you're on board, do not be afraid to say HI.;)

This is totally off topic - I won't be on your cruise - but your screen name caught my eye. Are you a Puerto Rican gymnast? There are so few!

Hi Etoile!

I am a former competitive gymnast and yes, I'm Puerto Rican. My old body can't deal with constant training but I do go in the gym every now and then to tumble. I know, there are so few but I was very proud when PR beat USA @ the 07 Pan Am Games! 1 PR gymnast (Luis Rivera) at the 08 Olympics. That you know there are so few must mean you're a gymn fan! I rarely find those, especially in the cruise world. So a very special HELLO to you. :)

Hi Etoile!

I am a former competitive gymnast and yes, I'm Puerto Rican. My old body can't deal with constant training but I do go in the gym every now and then to tumble. I know, there are so few but I was very proud when PR beat USA @ the 07 Pan Am Games! 1 PR gymnast (Luis Rivera) at the 08 Olympics. That you know there are so few must mean you're a gymn fan! I rarely find those, especially in the cruise world. So a very special HELLO to you. :)

Yep, I've been a fan since I was very little...used to do some gymnastics myself but I am much too out of shape to do it anymore. I can still manage on floor but the other apparatus are too intimidating these days - how did I ever get up on that beam?! I am mostly a fan of 80's-style gymnastics, because that's what I grew up watching and doing. The first Puerto Rican gymnast that comes to mind is Eileen Diaz, have there been any girls that have been successful lately?

Cool! I wish you were going to be on my cruise. Gymnasts are almost always fun :) I LOVE 80s gymnastics more than any other time period. It's when the sport was still beautiful and artistic. Not so artistic anymore, unfortunately. I'm actually going to watching podium training from 87 Worlds this weekend. That should show you how much of a gymnastics nerd I am.

Eileen Diaz is def the best known female gymnast from PR. I don't think there has been anyone notable since she left int'l competition and went to the Uni of Georgia. I hope that changes soon. There are definitely some promising juniors but there have been several over the years and none have netted great or even good results at the senior elite level. I should prob stop there bc I can talk about gymn even more than cruising, if you can believe that.

Take care and I do hope that we're on the same ship at the same time at some point in the future.

Archived