Aer Lingus review

nobog

Aer Lingus review, Apr 2017

Barcelona to Dublin, Dublin to Chicago, 2 legs, of which we booked business class. This is our first flight on Aer Lingus (EI).

Leg one: took 20 minutes to get our boarding pass as it was the agents “first day”. On time and our group was the first on. There is no first, business, or comfort plus. This is where it gets interesting. They have 2 flight attendants “guarding” the exit row seats along with closed overhead bins (as this was the space for our luggage as none go under the seat) and after showing our boarding pass we sat down.They do much like Iceland Air for their economy plus where they use the 3 seats for 2 people for their, which (apparently) is included in a business class ticket so two rows in 3 x 3 (Airbus 320), 8 people.

All the time the FA’s are directing incoming passengers –“keep moving”, “plenty of storage – here – there”, “this will go here” , “let’s find a place for that..”, “all the way to the back please”, I was really impressed. They did this in a friendly and professional manner. I think it helped the boarding process. The exit row seats have excellent legroom, better that a recent Delta first class seat (757). The front row of the exit seats do not recline however – so get the rear row. Speaking of reclining, I did not see anyone recline their seat on a 2.5 hr flight (and they do recline) – odd. Nice clean aircraft, now for Dublin to Chicago:

Leg two:

About a one hour delay as there was weather in LA – as in Los Angeles (yep). Airbus A330, seats 3K and 5K. Goggle ‘em, I have no pictures. There are also plenty of reviews on these seats on the interweb. These are the best two seats on the plane. In flat mode I am 6’2” and have a couple of inches left over. Food hot and tasty, service good, decent selection of movies and music, 15” monitor. A place for your shoes and other cubby holes. It’s like a new car without the steering wheel! Only minor issue – seats are only 21” wide and not that easy if you sleep on your side. Of interest is the seat belt, it has a wrapping that says “airbag” – first time I have seen this. A330 is reasonably quiet, a 8.5 hr flight. Before boarding you go through US customs so when you land you just go.

The conclusion: we’ll use ‘em again

JK

Those seat belts are typical even in domestic first.

I have flown on Delta First Class and the seat belt that I had on Singapore Airlines was significantly different than I have ever had on Delta. And, that includes a 767 outfitted with Delta One from SFO to DTW.