Navigator of the Seas Room 1690 w/pictures

I know that after booking my cruise or deciding on a room before I book I would love to see some pictures; therefore I decided to share my stateroom pictures for the Navigator of the Seas Room 1690.

This is a D1 cat; aft. This was a great stateroom with no obstructed view and larger than the regular D1 cat. We heard no noise from the Windjammer and never had any soot. We could look down and see people on their balconies.

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

I will be happy to answer any questions. I loved this state room and would book again.

Edited by Mommy4lyfe

Thanks for posting. We'll be on Navigator in July but have a 9th deck aft corner. You mentioned you could look down on the decks below. Did you see the complete balconies or was it partially obstructed.

Also, if you noticed, how did it compare in size to your balcony?

Thanks for posting. We'll be on Navigator in July but have a 9th deck aft corner. You mentioned you could look down on the decks below. Did you see the complete balconies or was it partially obstructed.

Also, if you noticed, how did it compare in size to your balcony?

Directly under 1960 is room 9692 and we could see them on their deck laying in their lounge chairs. However we could not see them when they were close to their balcony door because our balcony floor covered them. We could also see room 9594 balcony; they had no lounge chairs but a round like dinner table with four chairs. This was a 2 bdrm family suite and therefore had 2 balconies. The other balcony had lounge chairs and obstructed.

We felt a little uncomfortable standing at the rail of our balcony when the people were on their balcony because of the lack of privacy; so we just laid back in our lounge chairs and avoided looking down.

However there is a aft location on deck 8 that is very clear where some of the kids went to make out:eek: and staff went to use their lap top computers;)

Directly under 1960 is room 9692 and we could see them on their deck laying in their lounge chairs. However we could not see them when they were close to their balcony door because our balcony floor covered them. We could also see room 9594 balcony; they had no lounge chairs but a round like dinner table with four chairs. This was a 2 bdrm family suite and therefore had 2 balconies. The other balcony had lounge chairs and obstructed.

We felt a little uncomfortable standing at the rail of our balcony when the people were on their balcony because of the lack of privacy; so we just laid back in our lounge chairs and avoided looking down.

However there is a aft location on deck 8 that is very clear where some of the kids went to make out:eek: and staff went to use their lap top computers;)

Thanks, we're in the corner aft for deck 9 but my BIL & SIL are in the one next to it. I think we're on the 9390 side.

That doesn't sound bad. As long as the balcony will be a decent size and not totally exposed to everyone, it will be great. I personally LOVE afts.

I couldnt help noticing the yaught in the background in the balcony picture. I realized that you must have been on the 3/7 sailing, because we were on that same cruise and saw the same yaught come in (See pic below). We were on the hump in 7318. Had a great time.

Mike

5561719358_bae8e4e2c4.jpg

I just booked Navigator and we leave in 2 weeks, how was the condition of the ship and the food? We were on her years ago and enjoyed it.

The ship was in pretty good shape. The furniture is a little out dated but everything was clean. The bed was very comfortable. They put an egg like form on the sofa bed for my DD and she said that was comfortable. The food was pretty good. However some of the food left over from Labadee was reheated and served at the Windjammer and it was dried out. No problem with dining room food or service. We had a great cruise and I know you will enjoy the Navigator:)

I couldnt help noticing the yaught in the background in the balcony picture. I realized that you must have been on the 3/7 sailing, because we were on that same cruise and saw the same yaught come in (See pic below). We were on the hump in 7318. Had a great time.

Mike

5561719358_bae8e4e2c4.jpg

That was a beautiful yacht. Glad you had a great time. I would do the Navigator again;)

The ship was in pretty good shape. The furniture is a little out dated but everything was clean. The bed was very comfortable. They put an egg like form on the sofa bed for my DD and she said that was comfortable. The food was pretty good. However some of the food left over from Labadee was reheated and served at the Windjammer and it was dried out. No problem with dining room food or service. We had a great cruise and I know you will enjoy the Navigator:)

Thanks, looking forward to getting away!

• 3 years later...

Does anyone have any recent photos of NOS room 1690 since the refurb - has anything changed? This looks like a great cabin

Also, anyone staying in this room have any issues with Windjammer above, such as chairs moving, cleaning noise, etc.?

Edited by hanna04

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have any pictures of the rooms on the Navigator after the refurb, or comments on the beds. We have 1690 booked for a Transatlantic next year and were totally spoiled by our Transatlantic on the Allure last month. The beds were fantastic on the Allure. Also, how is the internet on the Navigator since the refurb. We took the Navigator just before the refurb and it was not very good, but I know they were going to upgrade it. Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

Double bump. We booked this for 2019. I seem to have a knack for picking rooms that don't have a lot of info around. Our last trip on Navigator we booked 8214, which was an Ocean View but it was larger than a standard balcony room. Couldn't find info on it anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app