Premium cabin transatlantic... it's that time of the year again

Gardyloo

Just a note that as usual around this time of year, some bargain transatlantic fares in premium cabins ("real" premium economy and business class) are starting to show up. They've already been around for a month or so for travel originating in Europe, but now the ex-North America fares for spring/summer travel are beginning to appear. For example, BA is selling PE round trips to London for $776 from New York and $1050 from Oakland.

Usually (and there are no guarantees of course) one sees a flurry of discounted business class fares start to appear between now and April. It's worth monitoring this board on Flyertalk - Premium Fare Deals ... where they tend to show up first.

For example a business class summer round trip from NYC to Naples or Palermo on Skyteam (Alitalia, Air France, Delta) is coming in at $1700 more or less. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1819355-dl-az-af-nyc-pmo-nap-r-t-j-1-700-a.html

Would this explain why I recently saw Business for $850 one way through Choice Air on Sky Team CPH-SFO?

I also saw (and booked) BA premium economy AMS-LHR-SFO for $640 one-way via Choice Air.

Would this explain why I recently saw Business for $850 one way through Choice Air on Sky Team CPH-SFO?

I also saw (and booked) BA premium economy AMS-LHR-SFO for $640 one-way via Choice Air.

Could be. Whether you get frequent flyer miles will depend on the specific fare class that you're in.