car rental places near carnival port

tnf

sailing on the miracle in feb.

my family that are sailing with us need to rent a car once we get off of the cruise.

Are there any car rental places near the cruise port? Or do they need to go all the way to the air port? We get off of the ship on a saturday

Thanks for info

Edited by tnf

Well guess u must be dumb

No, I'm smart enough not to waste time looking it up, when people don't bother taking a few extra seconds to provide relevant details and are too lazy to use search this forum where the same question has been answered. If my not knowing Carnival's fleet and ports of call is "dumb", then you are correct! I do have helpful answers to your questions as a SoCal local, but they wouldn't be useful since you've concluded I'm a dummy

Edited by kenish

Glad u understood my post

We are doing a Carnival Miracle cruise and are looking at renting a car too so I looked on this post hoping for info.

Your post was not that hard to understand and I am not familiar with the area. I guess some people cant read between the lines very well.

Yes the posts that were made toward you were very rude and uncalled for.

We are doing a Carnival Miracle cruise and are looking at renting a car too so I looked on this post hoping for info.

Your post was not that hard to understand and I am not familiar with the area. I guess some people cant read between the lines very well.

Yes the posts that were made toward you were very rude and uncalled for.

thanks,

if I find out anything about car rentals I will post here for you

To the OP:

Your posts directed at Kenish were definitely rude and uncalled for.

To anyone who doesn't "get it", Carnival sails from more than one port which would fall within the auspices of this board. Telling people you are on the Miracle doesn't clarify it any for most of us. Many of us don't cruise on Carnival and aren't familiar with Carnival's deployment of its fleet. For all we know, you could be cruising out of Seattle or Vancouver or even Alaska.

I, for one, try to be helpful to posters here inquiring about various California ports as I have lived in various locations in California all my life and know my way around this state quite well. I don't particularly care for Carnival as a cruise line however, so I didn't really know which port you were sailing from. Had I seen your post before Kenish, I would have asked the same exact question.

I was rather shocked at your childish retort calling him "dumb". Absolutely incredible. You need to learn to be gracious towards people here when you come seeking help. Instead, you come across as rude, juvenile and arrogant.

It was that retort that kept me from responding in this thread with any advice even though I may know the answer you seek. And I often write on this board offering help. So does Kenish.

I am guessing that none of the locals who usually offer help here will post any helpful information for you in this thread.

The OP said Carnival Port and that they need a car for after their Miracle cruise so it would be Long Beach Carnival cruise port.

As Steve says, there are several ports on the West Coast so it's an important piece of info before any of us can answer the question. And for all we know, the OP may have meant to post on the Eastern Destinations board (that has happened quite a few times).

And yes, we try to ask which cruise line, ship. ports, etc. when someone asks a question that seems to entail needing specific info and not a general question about mass market cruise lines in general. Sometimes it's because one is new to these boards and sometimes it's because someone has a brain you-know-what and accidentally left off the important qualifier. And usually most of the OPs will give a :o apology and say oops, here's that piece of info, and every one with answers will jump in to help.

To the OP:

It was that retort that kept me from responding in this thread with any advice even though I may know the answer you seek. And I often write on this board offering help. So does Kenish.

For once I agree with Steve.