Amazon River Cruise Aboard Pacific Princess

BCHappyGal

Hi all

Just returned from my 28 day Amazon River Cruise on the Pacific Princess.

If anyone is interested in my review with photos or has any questions I am happy to share just let me know ann at century 21 vancouver dot com

Hello Ann,

We just sent you an email request for your review. Looking forward to reading about your cruise.:)

DavidnSteph

Hi all

If anyone is interested in my review with photos or has any questions I am happy to share just let me know ann at century 21 vancouver dot com

Hi Ann:

Judy and I saw your posting on Cruisecritic.com and would be interested in your write up and photos of your Amazon cruise. We are hoping to take the Royal Princess to the Amazon later this year or in early 2010. In addition, we are also interesting if there are any contacts that you may have for private excursions.

Your email address keeps coming back to me so please email us at taz1 at wbhsi dot com

Terry and Judy

Hi all

HELP.LOL We are cruising from Manaus to Ft. Lauderdale on 4/10 and would love your review, plus.. plus..lol. Did you get to H. Stern for shopping? parrotmom@verizon.net

Guess you must have been on the cruise with us. We just got back from the same cruise. I would be interested in your thoughts. Did you feel the second cruise was too repetitious of the first? Of course we knew the ports would be the same, but not the same entertainment. What did you think?

I have sent in my review for posting here on CC but I did not delete all references to our private shore tours so CC is not allowing my review to be posted I guess... consequently if you want it just e-mail me ann at century 21 vancouver dot com

This was an interesting cruise and I am very glad we did the full 28 day round trip and did not have to deal with the long crowded flight Miami - Manaus....

I was disappointed that the entertainment did not change at all during the second trip but not surprised...as I knew this would be just a repeat of the 2st cruise.. Seeing the ports for the 2nd day allowed time fo us to do the things we had skipped the first round. Also we found ourselves doing half day instead of full day tours in each port as we knew we would be back soon....making this into the most relaxing cruise we have ever done.

The bet part of the B2B was the way we had time to really get to know the staff and how friendly and accomodating they all were.

• 5 years later...
Hi all

Hello from White Rock,

I read your kind offer to email you for an review of your Amazon Trip;

at present, I am independently researching various en-route stops / jungle excursions for an 8 weeks , (using local freighter launches) Amazon River sailing in May (starting @ its navigable Peruvian contributory leaving Pucallpa or Yurimangas via Iquitos, Leticia/Tabatinga to Manaus with a flight to Belem in order to return upstream to Manaus via Santarem's Alter do Chao before flying home. Hoping you may have some valuable river experiences / excursion trips between Belem - Santarem and perhaps even west of Manaus, hence I will be sending you an email from "fourdominus" asking for your trip review.

"It's either now or never", as age is ketching up to this grandmother .....:(

thanks so much in advance....:)

Edited by WarumistdieBananekrumm

at present, I am independently researching various en-route stops / jungle excursions for an 8 weeks , (using local freighter launches) Amazon River sailing in May (starting @ its navigable Peruvian contributory leaving Pucallpa or Yurimangas via Iquitos, Leticia/Tabatinga to Manaus with a flight to Belem in order to return upstream to Manaus via Santarem's Alter do Chao before flying home. Hoping you may have some valuable river experiences / excursion trips between Belem - Santarem and perhaps even west of Manaus, hence I will be sending you an email from "fourdominus" asking for your trip review.

"It's either now or never", as age is ketching up to this grandmother .....:(

If you are thinking of using local boats alongside local travelers on such a trip, instead of a luxury type cruise for foreign tourists, you might get more and better advice on one of the travel sites like LonelyPlanet's Thorn a Tree forum or Virtual Tourist, which have more 'adventure' travelers posting.

If you actually use local boats, buy a hammock!

We saw a Brazilian cruise ship going from Manaus up the Rio Negro. There are also several luxury river boats in Peru and in Ecuador. We saw the M/V Manatee and the M/V Anaconda on the Napo river in Ecuador. We were on our way to the Napo Wildlife Center, a very nice Eco Lodge.

My major concern is the drinking water supply and the water with which the food is washed.