Ushuaia tour guide- Diego Joel Giles

SPacificbound

• 2 weeks later...

We booked a private tour with a highly recommended guide last March. Unfortunately, about 2 months before our arrival, he e mailed us to say that he would be unable to do the tour due to a family commitment, but recommended Diego Joel Giles. We took his recommendation and booked the same itinerary with Diego Joel Giles. We did 2 tours - the morning was spent in the national park and then we went up to the Garibaldi Pass and the lake district in the afternoon, getting back to Ushuaia around 2PM. Diego was a pleasant guide and was willing to stop as often as we liked for photos. In particular, we liked the fact that in the national park, he gave us 2 different short hiking opportunities where we could walk on a trail and he would drive ahead and meet us at the end. The natural beauty and solitude were amazing. My only cautionary note is that he has a small car, so I would not book for more than 3 people.

We booked a private tour with a highly recommended guide last March. Unfortunately, about 2 months before our arrival, he e mailed us to say that he would be unable to do the tour due to a family commitment, but recommended Diego Joel Giles. We took his recommendation and booked the same itinerary with Diego Joel Giles. We did 2 tours - the morning was spent in the national park and then we went up to the Garibaldi Pass and the lake district in the afternoon, getting back to Ushuaia around 2PM. Diego was a pleasant guide and was willing to stop as often as we liked for photos. In particular, we liked the fact that in the national park, he gave us 2 different short hiking opportunities where we could walk on a trail and he would drive ahead and meet us at the end. The natural beauty and solitude were amazing. My only cautionary note is that he has a small car, so I would not book for more than 3 people.

do you remember what the price was?

Mary

I see you are going to be there in February. We will be touring with him at the end of January because of the unavailability of the guide we used the previous time. If I recall the price is $160 for each tour.

Terri

is that per person or per group in car?

Thanks,

Mary

• 3 weeks later...

do you have the contact e mail add for diego or the other Ushuaia tour guide please,

Mary

I think something is going on with Gerardo Germaine. I booked him in March 2012 and had a wonderful tour with him. When I tried to book him for January 2015 he said he would be unavailable du to being on holiday and referred me to Diego Joel Giles.

He seems to be unavailable this whole season since a number of people have not been able to book him. Maybe he's taking the season off.

Terri

I think something is going on with Gerardo Germaine. I booked him in March 2012 and had a wonderful tour with him. When I tried to book him for January 2015 he said he would be unavailable du to being on holiday and referred me to Diego Joel Giles.

He seems to be unavailable this whole season since a number of people have not been able to book him. Maybe he's taking the season off.

Terri

thanks Terri, hopefully one of them will be available...

Mary