Which hotel in Jerusalem do Thomson use

Lizziebiff

I correct myself, you'll be staying at Lev Jerusalem hotel on 18 King George Sreet on 13/5.

Can't get more centrally located than this!

Sorry for the wrong information.

Enjoy your overnight...!

I think you will be doing a mistake. Lev Jerusalem.is a good hotel. Big rooms, most if them with kitchen. I stayed there twice and I found no problem with it. It is located in the heart of the western city surrounded with Cafe bars restaurant.

I don't know what you read, my opinion about this hotel is different.

BTW, I sailed on the Spirit last July to the Fjords and I must tell you the rooms of Lev Jerusalem are way better than the Spirit's cabins...

I've checked and in TA the hotel gets 3 and a half stars with more good and excellent reviews than negative. In Booking Com it gets 7.7 scores. All mention the great location. What made you think that this is a bad hotel?

Well, your decision.

I have looked at booking.com and Olive Tree gets 7.6, less than Lev.

With all the respect to TA, that BTW own this web site we are having our conversation... I have a bit of a problem with their review as anyone can put one with no proof of his staying in the hotel, and that is very problematic, while in booking.com one can put a review only if the hotel was actually booked through their system. I found in the past that their reviews are more reliable than TA.

Now, I have stayed in all 3 hotels. The Olive Tree is bigger and look more fancy but located on the border of the eastern and western side of the city, with not much around. Ramat Rachel is actually a kibbutz on the northern side of the city (closer to Bethlehem than to Jerusalem center or the Old City) and the hotel there is very basic.

If I had to chose between the 3, taking into consideration that I am staying 1 night only, I would pick the more centrally located on - Lev. Now, I have no interest here as I am not in the tourism business (although in the port business as I work in the Israeli Port Authority) but I have an interest as a local guy that you will enjoy every moment of your staying here.

If I were you I would take the overnight in Jerusalem and come back with your own review of the hotel and the tour itself.

........... while in booking.com one can put a review only if the hotel was actually booked through their system. I found in the past that their reviews are more reliable than TA............

..........The Olive Tree is bigger and look more fancy but located on the border of the eastern and western side of the city, with not much around. .

Can't add much, but ............

Yes, Booking.com's reviews are more reliable - planted reviews are impossible whereas on T/A they're fairly commonplace. But Booking.com's scoring is quite strange, only worthy as a very rough guide. I tend to go more by comments that get repeated in a number reviews.

We stayed at the Olive Tree (not via Thomson) & found it excellent. But as Talia's comment, nothing of interest in the area & we were warned not to wander over to the Palestinian side. Close to a main bus route to the walled city or a 20-minute walk. But the walled city is dead in the evenings.

JB :)