Buy Polish Pottery in Berlin?

sprinkles

Hi All,

May be a silly question, but I am taking a 10 day bus tour around Germany after my cruise. I would like to buy some Polish pottery on my trip and will not have time to go to Boleslawiec (I already booked a tour to Potsdam on my free day in Berlin). However, I'm wondering if there are any big stores in Berlin that I could take by taxi from my hotel (I should be staying at the Intercontinental)? If anyone could help me with an address, I would be extremely grateful. I know it will be much more expensive in Germany then buying it in Poland, I just can't get there and it would be worth it for me to be able to go someplace where there is a big selection.

If anyone out there knows what I'm talking about and not laughing, am I likely to see this pottery all over Germany? I'm thinking I will have the most time and ability to shop in Berlin. Thanks.

Happy Sailing,

Tammy

Hi All,

May be a silly question, but I am taking a 10 day bus tour around Germany after my cruise. I would like to buy some Polish pottery on my trip and will not have time to go to Boleslawiec (I already booked a tour to Potsdam on my free day in Berlin). However, I'm wondering if there are any big stores in Berlin that I could take by taxi from my hotel (I should be staying at the Intercontinental)? If anyone could help me with an address, I would be extremely grateful. I know it will be much more expensive in Germany then buying it in Poland, I just can't get there and it would be worth it for me to be able to go someplace where there is a big selection.

If anyone out there knows what I'm talking about and not laughing, am I likely to see this pottery all over Germany? I'm thinking I will have the most time and ability to shop in Berlin. Thanks.

Happy Sailing,

Tammy

Okay I'm done laughing now and did a little searching for you.

There is a shop in Berlin-Steglitz (its a suburb)

Keramik Zauber

Deitmerstr.2 (near the corner of Schlosstrasse)

12163 Berlin-Steglitz

tel: 030 544 868 89

Here is their online shop's webpage, and you don't have to read German but you can click on each design number and see if there is something you like and the price of the item. http://www.bunzlauerkeramik-online.com/

Open: Mon-Fri 11-18 Sat 11-17

To get there take the U-bahn U9 to the Bahnhof (Bhf.) Schlossstr. Exit the subway at the Deitmerstr.

berlin2_1.jpg

This is the address of a small Bunzlauer Factory and they do have a factory store, I'm not sure if it open daily. You will probably get seconds here at a really great price.

Heise - Original Bunzlauer Keramik

Hohenzollerndamm 197

10717 Berlin–Wilmersdorf

Tel.: 030-8732957

according to a guide it is right near the Hohenzollerndamm U-bahn station.

berlin.jpg

Hope this helps out a bit....I don't know how old the information is, but at least you have a good start. :D

Edited to add: You can ask the hotel concierge which is closer/more convenient and they might know of a place even closer to the Stadtmitte that would carry that product.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

This is the factory store. When you come up out of the U-bahn you'd turn left and cross the street. Its the third shop from the corner. berlin3.jpg

(pic from google taken in 2009)

The other store on Deitmerstr. 2 on google streets is not pictured, in 2008 it was a cosmetic studio. The shop is near the Naturekaufhaus just past the parking garage. Its about a 4 minute walk from the U-bahn station you pass 2 streets before getting to Deitmerstr.

good luck!

Thank you SOO MUCH Sauer-Kraut for taking the time to look for me, I really can't thank you enough. My Mother was German but did not teach me the language (I understand more then I can speak and nothing of the written word).

I should be able to get to at least one (if not both) locations with my "free time" in Berlin. Like you said, either through the concierge or my national guide.

Happy Sailing Everybody!

Tammy

Vielen Danke Sauer-Kraut!