Do children under 16 need a passport to disembark on St. Marten?

rtnaw

Hello, I can't seem to find a definite answer on this. I called NCL, as we will be traveling on the Getaway Nov. 1st of this year. I have five children ages 10, 9, 7, 5 and 4. NCL stated the children do NOT need a passport to disembark on St. Martin(Philipsburg). Other websites say they DO need a passport. My travel agent also says no passport for the children is needed. I emailed the Dutch consulate and they say the children DO need a passport. However, the Dutch consulate seemed to just give me a general response as if we were flying in. The trip will be a "closed loop" as we leave Miami and return to Miami. I don't want to spend an extra $600 on passports if I don't need to. I am hoping someone out there has first hand experience with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello, I can't seem to find a definite answer on this. I called NCL, as we will be traveling on the Getaway Nov. 1st of this year. I have five children ages 10, 9, 7, 5 and 4. NCL stated the children do NOT need a passport to disembark on St. Martin(Philipsburg). Other websites say they DO need a passport. My travel agent also says no passport for the children is needed. I emailed the Dutch consulate and they say the children DO need a passport. However, the Dutch consulate seemed to just give me a general response as if we were flying in. The trip will be a "closed loop" as we leave Miami and return to Miami. I don't want to spend an extra $600 on passports if I don't need to. I am hoping someone out there has first hand experience with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Welcome to cruise critic. NCL reps are not a good source of information. :) I have learned that on here over the years. You are wise to come on cc but I would suggest that you go over to the Family Cruising board. St Maarten is a popular cruise port and the folks on that board are cruising with minors so I am sure that you will find valuable, recent and real life information over on that board.