Vietnam Tour Agent

buggins0402

We are planning a DIY land trip to SE Asia this February. I have been successful with my Hanoi and Saigon hotels for what transfers and the few tours we want to purchase...probably because they are stock. But, in Hue, a tranfer I need is not "off the shelf".

I managed to include Hue in the itinerary by booking an early flight from Saigon. My problem is that to fit everything I want to see in Hue, I need a specialized transfer that visits one of the tombs on our way back down south via the scenic pass to Hoi An.

Can anyone recommend a tour company...either a large one based in either Saigon or Hanoi, (that has offices in Hue or Hoi An) or a company based in either Hue or Hoi An? I need one that can understand the special request nature of the transfer and won't just send PDF's of their "stock" tours and transfers. After two attempts with our Hue hotel I keep getting "lost in translation" type responses.

We are planning a DIY land trip to SE Asia this February. I have been successful with my Hanoi and Saigon hotels for what transfers and the few tours we want to purchase...probably because they are stock. But, in Hue, a tranfer I need is not "off the shelf".

I managed to include Hue in the itinerary by booking an early flight from Saigon. My problem is that to fit everything I want to see in Hue, I need a specialized transfer that visits one of the tombs on our way back down south via the scenic pass to Hoi An.

Can anyone recommend a tour company...either a large one based in either Saigon or Hanoi, (that has offices in Hue or Hoi An) or a company based in either Hue or Hoi An? I need one that can understand the special request nature of the transfer and won't just send PDF's of their "stock" tours and transfers. After two attempts with our Hue hotel I keep getting "lost in translation" type responses.

Try Mrs Ha at Vietland Discovery tours - she is located in Danang and made arrangements for us a few years ago exactly as you are doing.

Make sure you deal with Mrs Ha as she is very highly recommended on Trip Advisor and other travel agencies have copied her company name to the detriment of other travellers.

Danang is between Hue and Hoi An so no problems there and she will make sure it all works for you.

Try Mrs Ha at Vietland Discovery tours - she is located in Danang and made arrangements for us a few years ago exactly as you are doing.

Make sure you deal with Mrs Ha as she is very highly recommended on Trip Advisor and other travel agencies have copied her company name to the detriment of other travellers.

Danang is between Hue and Hoi An so no problems there and she will make sure it all works for you.

Thank you so much!

If I can get this key piece straightened out, it will be a great help. As for the half day in Hue, do you think we need a tour of the citadel...or is it possible to DIY?Our flight from Saigon arrives around 9:30...too early for check in, so I was thinking of just going to the imperial citadel on our own. I would imagine that trips down the Perfume River to the Pagoda would be easy to find after we are done with the fortress.

Our hotel did send a PDF for a private half day citadel and pagoda tour, but I'd rather get moving on the sightseeing as soon as we checked our bags at the hotel, rather than waiting for a designated time. LOL...my ideal day would be a airport pickup with a quick visit to the hotel for drop off of luggage and then continue with tour of the citadel and a cruise to the Pagoda...but trying to communicate that to the hotel would be near impossible. :)

One other question...I can be a real wimp on mountain roads...is the Hai Van pass a real nail biter? The important thing for this transfer is that it include the tomb of Ming Mang....I could accept going through the tunnel, if it's a real scary drive via the pass.

I have used this company for 3 years and using again this year. Ngoan owns the company with her husband and I am sure she will be able to help you and even make your tour better and more to your liking and probably a better price. You can reach her at "

Le Thi Ngoan/ Mrs

Travel Consultant - Travel Authentic Asia

Email: ngoan.le@travelauthenticasia.com

She is written up on Trip Advisor and you will be really happy with her. You can tell her I recommended her to you.

Rita K.

Hue and Hoian sounds good, you can refer to Vietnam Tour Booking to compare price and service as well.

Ignore this post - is an agent touting for business. He has been around the boards for sometime doing this

One other question...I can be a real wimp on mountain roads...is the Hai Van pass a real nail biter? The important thing for this transfer is that it include the tomb of Ming Mang....I could accept going through the tunnel, if it's a real scary drive via the pass.

In March this year I travelled over the pass (locally its known also as the 'Top Gear Pass'!) on the back of a scooter with a local driver - enjoyed every minute of it. But at 65 I did have a sore a** getting back to Da Nang......... Travelling over by car is a breeze, even when the weather is poor - I think Hai Van means something like Ocean Cloud pass in Vietnamese. If you are going there and back so to speak, go one way over the pass and return through the tunnel - both great experiences in my opinion.

All our Hue, Da Nang & Hoi An excursions, including the Hai Van pass trip, were arranged by a young lady called Xuan Tu on http://privatehoianguide.com

Viet Nam is amazing and we are sure you'll enjoy your visit!

Margaret & John

The important thing for this transfer is that it include the tomb of Ming Mang.....

I forgot to say, Minh Mang Tomb is achievable on the journey from Hue to Da Nang using either the pass or tunnel route. The driver/guide would just need to factor the slight diversion into their journey time & costings I guess.

Margaret & John

Our hotel in Hue arranged for a private half day tour. It was very good.

We originally planned to arrange our tours etc. prior to leaving but we were advised not to..do do it when we arrived. Our schedule was very open, we had a month to go where we wanted. We arranged tours on the fly so to speak.

I forgot to say, Minh Mang Tomb is achievable on the journey from Hue to Da Nang using either the pass or tunnel route. The driver/guide would just need to factor the slight diversion into their journey time & costings I guess.

Margaret & John

Thanks, that helps. I think we'll go the scenic route over the pass. Right now, I'm trading emails with the agent that Bpos recommended...and getting closer to what I want for this day.

I would wait until we get to Hue to arrange this transfer, but it is so key to having the itinerary work. We'll arrive in Hoi An the day of the monthly (lunar) lantern festival, so I want to make sure we get there with enough time to get our daily workout in and set up our game plan for the evening.

• 2 months later...

We will be in Vietnam for three days in April on a Princess cruise and have scheduled tours for each day via a van and English speaking guide. Any recomendations? Did we miss anything? It is our first trip to Asia.

Day 1 4/8/2017: HCM City Tour from Phu My Port ( Meals: Lunch )

7.30am, our car & guide will pick you up outside Phu My Port then we will transfer to Saigon, we will visit a nice colonial center with broad promenades, squares, French influence buildings, temples and pagodas that should not be missed. Our stops are inclusive of Reunification Palace, Jade Emperor Pagoda, Notre Dame Cathedral, Binh Tay Market Ben Thanh Market. Arrive at port before 17h00.

NOTE: This port you can walk from the ship dock to the gate about 6 minutes,

Day 2 4/9/2017: Nha Trang Tour ( Meals: Lunch )

Nha Trang Port: 08h30 am, the ship arrives Nha Trang port, pick up at institute of Oceanography and transfer to visit the Po Nagar Cham temple, overlooking the city. Then visit the Long Son pagoda. Then shopping at Dam central market of Nha Trang then transfer back to the ship before 15h00.

Day 3 410/2017: Hoi An Tour ( Meals: Lunch )

11h30 our guide and driver pick you up inside of Chan May Port and transfer you to Hoian. On arrival Danang city you will spend time to visit Marble Mountain with the panorama of Danang beach from the mountain summit. Visit caves and pagodas at Five Mountains then tour around Hoian Ancient Town including Japanese Bridge, old houses of Tan Ky, Phuc Kien, Sa Huynh Museum, local market…. Then you leave Hoian for back Tien Sa Port before 18h00.

• 1 month later...
Hi There!

Your itineraries are good, but do not cover highlights of HCMC, Nha Trang and Hoi An. Here were the itineraries we did before with David Nguyen: chiduyencssh@gmail.com at Vietnam Shore Excursions. We had wonderful trips with this tour operator.

Good luck!

1. HCMC

Itinerary:

Pick up from the Phu My port to transfer to HCMC

Visit the Jade Emperor Pagoda

Visit the Notre Dame Cathedral and the old Post Office

Visit the War Museum

Enjoy a fantastic Trishaw ride through the hustle and bustle of the city.

Visit China town, the Cho Lon market (sightseeing only, no shopping), Thien Hau temple (the temple of the Sea Goddess)

Enjoy Lunch at Pho 2000 restaurant where Bill Clinton came in 2000 to taste local specialties of spring rolls and Pho noodle soup

Shopping at the Ben Thanh market

Photo stops of the Reunification Hall (outside) and at the City Hall, Opera House and the Rex hotel

Transfer back to Phu My port

2. Nha Trang

Itinerary:

Pick up the guests at a port and transfer to Nha Trang City

Hand craft villages making hand-made clay cooking stoves, sleeping mats, conical traditional Vietnamese hats and rice paper cake.

Visit a 200 year old house still remains the Vietnamese traditional architecture.

Stop for photos at Dien khanh citadel, once the capital of Khanh Hoa province. Then visit the Ha Dua Cathedral, the oldest one ever build in Nha Trang- Khanh Hoa province by French in the early 19th century

Lunch will be at a unique, traditional restaurant in the countryside at a quaint resort, serving healthy and delicious food.

The original fishing village, the unique village before the Nha trang capital city was built by French, still located in the city central.

Ride back to the city to visit the HOLY LAND of the Champa Hindu people, the original-former owner of this country in the south central of Vietnam, named Po Nagar temple reconstructed in 784 worshiping Great Mother of the country.

Visist Long SơnPogoda, the Buddhist center in the provincewhere the Giant Buddha was built on hill top to memorize the Monks who ever sacrificed themselves to death against the south government during American war

Transfer back to the port.

Drop off at the pier

3. Hoi An

Itinerary:

Pick-up from the Chan May port

Stop to visit Hai van pass

Transfer to Danang city to visit Cham Museum

Stop to admire the beauty and history of China beach (R & R beach, or the South China Beach called by the American army)

Transfer to Marble Mountain to visit the Linh ung pagoda, Tang Chon cave, … (the lift is available)

Visit Hoi An ancient town: Hoian market, the Fujien Chinese temple, Tan Ky ancient house, the famous Japanese Covered Bridge and great shopping (best tailor of world with reasonable price)

Have lunch at local restaurant (Street food and popular food)

Transfer back to the port

Drop-off at the Chan May port

Hi Tommy49,

Please let me know the price of the above tours, thanks.

• 1 month later...