detoxification system sold on cruise ships

thumper45

:mad: I purchased the elemis detox program on a rccl cruise ship this march after taking their BCA test which showed my cells were toxic...I supposedly had 5 lbs of toxic water in my system...so I paid over $600 and got the pills...well I faithfully took them for the last six months but have noticed no results...no changes in metabolism...no flattening of stomach...no weight loss etc...but I thought maybe if I took the BCA test again it would at least indicate that my toxicity had improved and my liver had been cleansed....I went on another rccl cruise this september (just got back) so I went in to be tested without letting them know that I had already been through the program...the BCA test showed that I now had over 7 lbs of toxic water and needed to be detoxed....then I showed them the march test results and they were totally befuddled....is it possible that this elemis detox is just a scam? How can these cruise lines be sponsoring this program if it gets such pathetic results....people trust these instructors at the seminars....little do they know that they may be injesting nothing of any value and spending money for nothing...I would certainly like to hear from other purchasers....

:mad: I purchased the elemis detox program on a rccl cruise ship this march after taking their BCA test which showed my cells were toxic...I supposedly had 5 lbs of toxic water in my system...so I paid over $600 and got the pills...well I faithfully took them for the last six months but have noticed no results...no changes in metabolism...no flattening of stomach...no weight loss etc...but I thought maybe if I took the BCA test again it would at least indicate that my toxicity had improved and my liver had been cleansed....I went on another rccl cruise this september (just got back) so I went in to be tested without letting them know that I had already been through the program...the BCA test showed that I now had over 7 lbs of toxic water and needed to be detoxed....then I showed them the march test results and they were totally befuddled....is it possible that this elemis detox is just a scam? How can these cruise lines be sponsoring this program if it gets such pathetic results....people trust these instructors at the seminars....little do they know that they may be injesting nothing of any value and spending money for nothing...I would certainly like to hear from other purchasers....

Your question : ..is it possible that this elemis detox is just a scam...hits it right on the head. I am very sorry that you are out this amount of money. Anything having to do with a cleanse like this should be supervised by a doctor--IF cleanses actually work. Another clue that this "test" is a hoax--did they take blood? Were there medical tests ? That's about the only way they'd be able to tell anything legitimate. They also cannot give you pills based on a superficial test--that's only for a doctor to do....And naturally, their test is going to show that you have a certain amt of "toxic" stuff--they want you to buy their stuff !!

• 1 month later...

Just got off of RCCL Oct 16 and attended the detox seminar not realizing it was just another way for RCCL to get into our wallet. I stayed for most of the talk but got up and left when I realized he was starting to talk money. One thing he said was that stress caused toxins. I decided his talk was causing me stress so I left! haha!

Thank you ddgg for the web site. I was curious about the whole acid/alkaline theory. Part of it sounded logical but then again there is a lot of "junk science" out there.

I think it is disgraceful that a reputable cruise line sponsors such seminars. Talk about scams!!!!!!!! Of course it doesn't work, except to part you from your money. A regular cruiser on RCL should write them expressing their concern about the company sponsoring such drivel. These firms are taking advantage of your ignorance and should be stopped. Outrageous!

I think it is disgraceful that a reputable cruise line sponsors such seminars. Talk about scams!!!!!!!! Of course it doesn't work, except to part you from your money. A regular cruiser on RCL should write them expressing their concern about the company sponsoring such drivel. These firms are taking advantage of your ignorance and should be stopped. Outrageous!

RCL doesn't sponsor the seminars. They lease out Spa space, and the Spa does their thing--seminars, etc.

• 1 month later...

I was very turned off by the talks. I attended 2 seminars: how to increase your metabolism and flatten you stomach. Both were very similiar in content. I had to chuckle to myself when they said you will find items in the supermarket with expiration dates of 2018...really!

Even cereal has at max 2 years on it.

I am starting to wonder what real certification the people have that work at the gym/spa.

I am just hoping that the products purchase at the spa work have as good :)

This whole toxicity thing is a scam. If you have toxic water then you have failing kidneys and have nothing a pill will cure.

Same with the colon cleaning scams.

Archived