Parisian Expert Help Needed

My family and I currently have reserved Eurostar seats for a 9:13PM depature from Paris-Nord to London. We would really like to do a Seine dinner cruise before returning back, but the only early cruise seems to be operated by La Marina de Paris, which returns to a quay near Musee d'Orsay at 8pm. Would that give us time to get to Paris-Nord to board the Eurostar or is it cutting it too close?

I would also be curious to know if La Marina de Paris offers a children's/simplified menu.

Merci en avance!

Take the metro C line from Musee d'Orsay direction Gare d'Austerlitz change at St Michel Notre Dame. Take metro B line direction Gare du Nord (this is an express train). Plenty of time so long as you go straight there. Can't help you with your menu question.

You are facing a bad situation. I do not know the operator that you mention, but you are looking for a dinner cruise that ends at about the same time that most dinners start in France. I would be a bit wary of the experience and unless you have someone with direct personal experience I would pass. I have had some really good dinner cruises and some passable ones. I would much rather just have a bateau mouche or other sightseeing cruise than a so-so over priced dinner.

Hi Jenn,

We've done a dinner/Seine tour and found that the dinner was not as good as we have gotten at a retraunt and the tour was less then it could have been because we were eating and couldn't give the sights our full attention.

Just a thought,

Rod

My experience of dinner cruises isn't good either. Not a great culinary experience and over priced, plus not so much time to admire the scenery. Personally I'd go for what others have suggested and do an earlier normal bateau mouche followed by an early meal in a cafe or restaurant close to gare du Nord. I'd also strongly recommend a visit in to the Musee D'Orsay - its is an amazing place and the view from the rooftop cafe is amazing. (if you have time)

I too agree that the dinner cruise would likely not be that great a culinary experience. Perhaps you could do the batobus? or the tour boats at the base of the Eiffel Tower. Those with more Paris experience than I might advise on these options.

As for a meal I much rather go for a staggered meal of cafe followed by a trip to the pastry shop and final chocolatier to be savored with a Eurostar coffee and recap. I agree, Museum D'Orsay not be missed!

I too agree that the dinner cruise would likely not be that great a culinary experience. Perhaps you could do the batobus? or the tour boats at the base of the Eiffel Tower. Those with more Paris experience than I might advise on these options.

As for a meal I much rather go for a staggered meal of cafe followed by a trip to the pastry shop and final chocolatier to be savored with a Eurostar coffee and recap. I agree, Museum D'Orsay not be missed!

Bateaux Mouche are better than BatoBus if you want a commentary. I've used the former many times and really enjoyed them, Last summer i took my niece to paris for the first time and thought BatoBus might be a better option as it would help us combine sightseeing at various points of interest that i wanted her to explore. However we ended up leaving before the end of the tour because 1. Commentary was only in french 9which was fine for me because I speak it albeit not fluently but hopeless for my niece who speaks not a word). 2. the stops are so close together and each one takes so long whilst they tie up, people get off and others get on, that it was actually quicker and more enjoyable walking between stops on land.

Archived