Ever rented a ship's GoPro camera? Share some pics!

NOLAbebe

I saw last time that you can rent a GoPro camera onboard. What are your experiences with this? Care to share some photos? We will be doing numerous water activities this time and I'm curious to try it out!

I saw last time that you can rent a GoPro camera onboard. What are your experiences with this? Care to share some photos? We will be doing numerous water activities this time and I'm curious to try it out!

I did not rent a GoPro from the ship, but did have one. I have links to two YouTube videos I made with the GoPro in my signature.

One thing I would say is the camera takes a little bit of "playing with" to get use to. Unless you have the LCD screen or a bluetooth devise that is hooked up with it you are not able to see what you are shooting. I have gotten use to this. However my wonderful and fabulous wife used it for our snorkling in Belize and the camera angle was not right and we have lots of footage of sea grass.

I would suggest that if you plan on renting one onboard to see if someone you know has one and will let you test it out, just to get use to the positioning and such. Hope this helps. Happy sailing!