Which Marriott in New Orleans?

rm1247

My husband and I are flying in a day early before our cruise next Feb. and will have a full day to explore New Orleans, a first for both of us. We want to use our Marriott points for our stay and I'm trying to figure out which Marriott hotel would be best to book. Any recommendations? I'm still in the process of learning about what all New Orleans offers, but I'm thinking we'll probably spend the day meandering through the French Quarter.

Thanks!

If you want convenient to the Quarter, and it has to be a Marriott, then your best choice is the New Orleans Marriott on Canal Street. You're basically right across Canal from the Quarter.

If your points will manage it, there is also a JW Marriott right around the corner from the main Marriott.

Thanks for your help! What about the Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville (910 Iberville St)? That is ranked pretty high on trip advisor.

(I'm also going to see what the points can do with JW Marriott)

We walked from the Convention Center to Canal Street and the quarter too so don't rule it out. It's not as close but it was awesome for cruising as we walked across the street to the terminal. We truly enjoyed it as it was a very comfy property. I don't know where the Courtyard is but if it's close and has good reviews it should work!

[quote name='rm1247']Was it close to the French Quarter? Do you recommend any nearby restaurants? Thanks for your help![/quote]
We are staying in the one on Canal Street and it is close to French Quarter, but book soon, in case they stop honoring points for that
particular date.

We almost always stay in a Marriott when we cruise out of NO (this year will be number 6).
Convention Center is 7 or 8 minutes from Marriott Canal St. and Canal St is across the street form JW Marriott. Any of them will have you in the Quarter in less than 10 minutes. Our first choice is always Canal St. JW is good but a bit "stuffy". All three of them are less than $10 for two to take a cab on cruise day.
We also use points most of the time and find all three are usually about the same point wise. Have fun!!! Make reservations as soon as you can, things change quickly in NO and we've lost out by waiting a day or so on reserving a room.