Seattle Mariners

RBKL

We're thinking about going to a Seattle Mariners game the night before we sail.

We're staying at the Marriott Renaissance downtown and we're wondering what options we'll have for transportation from the game back to the hotel.

We assume we can get a taxi from the hotel to the game but not sure what our options will be to get back from the hotel from the game.

Appreciate any advice.

We're staying at the Marriott Renaissance downtown and we're wondering what options we'll have for transportation from the game back to the hotel.

We assume we can get a taxi from the hotel to the game but not sure what our options will be to get back from the hotel from the game.

Appreciate any advice.

You could get a taxi back, eventually...but it could take a while to get one. You might ask the hotel concierge if they could help you arrange for one to meet you somewhere specific, say 20-30 minutes after the game ends, and not to take anybody else ahead of you. It's worth a try!

Otherwise, your best bet might be light rail. Go out one of the exits to Royal Brougham Way, on the north side of the stadium (the left field side) and walk east to the Stadium light rail station (it's only a couple of blocks but you do have to hike up and over a pedestrian overpass to get across the railroad tracks). There will be a lot of other people going there from the game, so you'll have plenty of company. You'll want to go north, into downtown, and get off at the University Street station (the third stop). It's about six blocks from there to your hotel. If you don't want to walk, you could probably arrange for a cab from there.

I did the same thing last year on my AK cruise. (I stayed by the airport, but still took the light rail). Just make sure you buy and keep your round trip ticket so you don't have to buy another one when you leave.

And for what it is worth, the ball park is beautiful. The day I went the Sounders were playing a game at the same time so the atmosphere in the area was great. Only issue I had was there are so many food choices it was had to decide what to eat. :D (Philly cheese steak ended up winning out for me.)

Edited by TruckerDave

Appreciate any advice.

If you choose to get a taxi back to the hotel, you will have better luck walking to the north side of Century Link field (Seahawks stadium) by King Street Station (train station). You'll be out of the Safeco crowds and will be able to snag a cab.

We did that as well before our Alaska cruise last month. We were staying by the space needle so we purchased round trip tickets on both the monorail and light rail then we were on our way. Post-cruise we purchased tickets right from the team store to do the tour, which was well worth the 10 dollars!

I know it's not quite what you asked, but maybe consider staying at the Silver Cloud Hotel - Stadium. It's right across the street from the stadium. We are staying there the night before and doing a stadium tour the morning of the cruise. I think the hotel also offers free transportation to the pier as well.

I know it's not quite what you asked, but maybe consider staying at the Silver Cloud Hotel - Stadium. It's right across the street from the stadium. We are staying there the night before and doing a stadium tour the morning of the cruise. I think the hotel also offers free transportation to the pier as well.

I do appreciate the recommendation. We've read good reviews about the Silver Cloud however, I'm using points to stay at the Marriott.