Renaissance Carambola Beach/ Davis Bay

2PinaColadas

Has anyone been here recently? If so, what did you think? How much was cab fare out there? It looks like a lovely beach and there is a dive shop there that my husband is interested in going diving with. Just curious what others think.

Thanks

Edited by 2PinaColadas

• 2 months later...
Has anyone been here recently? If so, what did you think? How much was cab fare out there? It looks like a lovely beach and there is a dive shop there that my husband is interested in going diving with. Just curious what others think.

Thanks

I just answered this on another thread so I'm posting it here too:

Davis Bay is on the north shore, that means rougher waves than the west end beaches and rocks once you get past the sand. It also means you're going to have to take a taxi to get there which is going to cost about $30 for 2 people, and another $30 to get back. Carambola resort is on that beach so you will be well sorted for umbrellas and chairs and a decent restaurant.

I don't see the point in spending that much money to go to a beach when you can walk to 3 amazing beaches from the ship.

If diving is a priority hook up with N2theblue right by the pier and they will take you to the best spots.