Erato St parking question

Mscruiser53

4 of our last five cruises we have parked at the port, no problems for $16 per day. My concern is we are on the Elation this time, leaving the day after the Dream. Since the Dream holds about 6000, I am concerned that the garage will be full. I called and spoke with someone at the Port and she said if garage is full they will lead you to another facility and shuttle you to the ship. Has anyone experienced this scenario? Just wondering, as I am a worry wart!!

4 of our last five cruises we have parked at the port, no problems for $16 per day. My concern is we are on the Elation this time, leaving the day after the Dream. Since the Dream holds about 6000, I am concerned that the garage will be full. I called and spoke with someone at the Port and she said if garage is full they will lead you to another facility and shuttle you to the ship. Has anyone experienced this scenario? Just wondering, as I am a worry wart!!

Dream doesn't hold 6000 btw. :)

More like 3600 (technically 3646 according to Carnival web site)

Also, you can park at Fulton for 1/2 that price:

http://neworleansparking.com/

Sorry I got my numbers wrong. LOL - CRS disease has kicked in. I have been thinking about Fulton for $8.00 a day if reserved in advance. It is just so convenient to get out of your car and go down the elevator to check in. If we have to go somewhere else and ride a shuttle it probably makes more sense to park at Fulton. Thanks for responding.

Sorry I got my numbers wrong. LOL - CRS disease has kicked in. I have been thinking about Fulton for $8.00 a day if reserved in advance. It is just so convenient to get out of your car and go down the elevator to check in. If we have to go somewhere else and ride a shuttle it probably makes more sense to park at Fulton. Thanks for responding.

We go the day before so we still have to get up and go somewhere anyway.

If you stay at Hyatt Place, Downtown Marriott, Hilton Garden Inn Convention Center, or Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center (closest to Fulton in that order) then you can park at Fulton that first night and be done with the car until after the cruise. This assumes you come in the day before of course. :)

If you drive straight to the port on the day of the cruise then I like your plan too. :) (Saves you the shuttle ride, luggage movement, etc.)

We go the day before so we still have to get up and go somewhere anyway.

If you stay at Hyatt Place, Downtown Marriott, Hilton Garden Inn Convention Center, or Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center (closest to Fulton in that order) then you can park at Fulton that first night and be done with the car until after the cruise. This assumes you come in the day before of course. :)

If you drive straight to the port on the day of the cruise then I like your plan too. :) (Saves you the shuttle ride, luggage movement, etc.)

I'm probably going to stay at a hotel that is fairly close (Omni Royal Crescent--12 minute walk) on the night before our cruise. Have you booked Fulton Parking as "Port" parking and included the first night that you stay at the hotel?

I think I saw a higher price if selecting "hotel" instead of "port"; I will be hotel one day and cruise the remaining 7 days. I don't know how the parking staff view this.:confused: I think I'd like to drop our bags off at our hotel then park at Fulton, walk to our hotel, and taxi to the port the next day.

I'm probably going to stay at a hotel that is fairly close (Omni Royal Crescent--12 minute walk) on the night before our cruise. Have you booked Fulton Parking as "Port" parking and included the first night that you stay at the hotel?

I think I saw a higher price if selecting "hotel" instead of "port"; I will be hotel one day and cruise the remaining 7 days. I don't know how the parking staff view this.:confused: I think I'd like to drop our bags off at our hotel then park at Fulton, walk to our hotel, and taxi to the port the next day.

Yes, I booked for 8 days so that it would include the 1 night before my cruise.

Taxi to port is like $7 flat rate per person which is too much $$$ in my opinion. (but that is what we did even though we had the shuttle option) We took the shuttle back after the cruise.