Snorkeling at half moon cay?

Inigo Montoya13

I don't believe you can reach the reefs by foot (but not 100% sure where they are located but was thinking others have mentioned the other side of the island?).

Anyhow, although it's not much, if you decide to not go on the excursion and just want to snorkel around there at the beach area, try going to the left (when facing the beach) over toward the rock wall (around the area of the private cabana with the slide) and beyond that. Even though it's not a reef and a lot, there was plenty to see and I was shocked there was that much around there. They also have the bio-balls in that area too to promote a "fake" reef.

You can check out my signature line and click on our day there and there's tons of pictures of what we seen snorkeling in that area. (It's toward the end of that day because I didn't discover it until later in the day when we moved from our original spot down to the "kiddie" area with the fountain, which is where it's located). :)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyhow, although it's not much, if you decide to not go on the excursion and just want to snorkel around there at the beach area, try going to the left (when facing the beach) over toward the rock wall (around the area of the private cabana with the slide) and beyond that. Even though it's not a reef and a lot, there was plenty to see and I was shocked there was that much around there. They also have the bio-balls in that area too to promote a "fake" reef.

You can check out my signature line and click on our day there and there's tons of pictures of what we seen snorkeling in that area. (It's toward the end of that day because I didn't discover it until later in the day when we moved from our original spot down to the "kiddie" area with the fountain, which is where it's located). :)

Thanks to your post, we went and bought our own snorkel gear and we are going to try it where you suggested. Your pictures were amazing. Thank You. We leave this Saturday and can't wait. DJ

Thanks to your post, we went and bought our own snorkel gear and we are going to try it where you suggested. Your pictures were amazing. Thank You. We leave this Saturday and can't wait. DJ

Have a great cruise! :)

• 1 month later...