Beach Snorkel and Jack's Shack- 2 Quick Questions

RedRox

Hey All:

1) Are there any spots within walking distance of the Carnival Pride dock to snorkel off the beach?

2) I know that Jack's Shack is about 15 mins walking, but in which direction? When facing the beach, do we head left or right?

Thanks!

You can snorkel anywhere from the beach. I've done it in front of Jack's. It's not the world's best... but it's good. If you DO decide to walk off the pier and go right - there is some better snorkeling from the southern tip of the island - but the water can be choppy there.

There are some private tours that are under $50pp that will take you to 2 great places (the wall being one). But if you just want to have some fun from the shore - you can skip the expense.

That's what I've heard also, that the snorkeling is better to the right. But I was just there in May, and it was pretty challenging to get in the water with the rocks. Then the water was very murky and I did not see any signs of life. Maybe I didn't swim far enough (?).

So when we walked to the left (that's where all the people are), we rented a double lounge chair w/umbrella, and I swam out along the rope that floats to keep boats out. It's a mini "drop off" just past where all the cruise people are standing around in the water holding their drinks! I saw a ray swim by, lots of huge colorful parrot fish, and some schools of squid!! I didn't know what they were at first - I had never seen them in real life.

From there, you could continue walking down the beach and reach Jack's in about 8 - 10 minutes.