Cherbourg Tour to Mont St Michel

Eboracum_d

Our ship (Azamara Quest) spent a day at Cherbourg and another passenger organised a small group visit to Mont St Michel. She had originally intended a group of six but then increased this to 12. She provided a link for us to confirm the booking directly with Enora at ASCMS tours.

The 12 of us met as a group on ship and disembarked together. We were met on the Quayside by two smart minibuses with equally smart drivers. Each minibus carried an ample stick of free bottled water.

The company had previously supplied each of us with a written briefing sheet explaining the system for gaining entry to the Abbey. This included advice to buy the entry ticket from the Company and take a particular route to avoid queues. There was also advice on where to have lunch or other refreshments.

The minibus was driven carefully with a toilet stop on route. On arrival the driver told us she would reposition the vehicle for our departure to as near the shuttle drop off point as she could get and walked us to where she would meet us. She then walked us back to the information and toilet block and explained the shuttle system.

Her advice on avoiding the entry queue worked well. We ate at the small creperie she recommended and we're glad we did.

After a wonderful day at the Abbey we took advantage of the good weather and walked back to the meeting point where our vehicles appeared exactly at the appointed time.

I can think of nothing about this tour which could be improved and thoroughly recommend the firm

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gillian

The company was ACSM tours (acsm-tours@hotmail.com). The cost was 90 Euros per person. That did not include the price of entry to the Abbey but Eonara who owned the company and drove one of the two vehicles sold entry tickets on the day which avoided the need to queue at the Abbey itself.

David

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

This sounds like something I would like to do. I also would like to visit the beach at St. Malo. Does anyone know of a tour that combines both?

I do not want to go to beach to swim-it will be off season when we are there but it is a very complex personal connection to both places