IAH/Galveston Transfer day before cruise...ideas?

J and J

We want to fly into IAH a day early and stay at RCCL pre cruise hotel. Our travel agent said we have to figure out how to get from IAH to Galveston. Doesn't look like one day rental is possible. Any ideas?

For j and j. We are also going down day before and have booked flights and hotel thru RC choice air. Our flight gets in late 8pmish and RC has transfer from IAH to hotel Galveston arranged within the price of $433. Seems Hugh but private transfer late night was minimum of $125 plus tip and port hotels are high. Includes transfer to pier from hotel day of.

Edited by hlfrps
Add jj

Just booked Galveston Express for our transfer in June. They charge 45 dollar roundtrip IAH-Galveston. They have three transfer/day each way. It was easy to book and I got quick and personal answer by e-mail concerning my questions before booking. I will come up with a review after using their service in June if someone is interested!?

Just booked Galveston Express for our transfer in June. They charge 45 dollar roundtrip IAH-Galveston. They have three transfer/day each way. It was easy to book and I got quick and personal answer by e-mail concerning my questions before booking. I will come up with a review after using their service in June if someone is interested!?

Looking forward to the Galveston Express review. Enjoy your cruise.:D

I also would like to read your review. Have a wonderful cruise.

We want to fly into IAH a day early and stay at RCCL pre cruise hotel. Our travel agent said we have to figure out how to get from IAH to Galveston. Doesn't look like one day rental is possible. Any ideas?

You can take the RCCI transfer on day of cruise. The rule has been changed for 5-6 months and you are now able to book it at least 2 weeks before the cruise. They will tell you to come to airport between 1100a and noon. Trip from IAH to ship is aprox 90 minutes.

Thank you to Scootsmom and Stevesan. I've just booked with Galvestonexpress for October and he created another run for Nov 4th as we're staying in Galveston for a few days and that is not a cruise day. The shock is I'm a 'senior' in USA at the age of 55!!

Thank you to Scootsmom and Stevesan. I've just booked with Galvestonexpress for October and he created another run for Nov 4th as we're staying in Galveston for a few days and that is not a cruise day. The shock is I'm a 'senior' in USA at the age of 55!!

Eligibility age for senior discounts varies among US businesses. Not only did your shuttle service select 55 as the starting age for senior discounts, but some cruise lines use the same age. So, people who are 55+ might be lucky enough to score a senior discount on selected cruises. International bookings may be handled differently from US bookings, but it may be worth while to learn your local rules.

Enjoy the discount and do not let it go to your head in a negative manner.

Tammylu's

Default Galveston Express Shuttle

We are on the Galveston Express shuttle right now riding from Houston Hobby to Galveston. Amazing service, beautiful new large shuttle can and fantastic price! I would definitely use this service again.

This was just posted. Hope I was able to do this right.

Tammylu's

Default Galveston Express Shuttle

We are on the Galveston Express shuttle right now riding from Houston Hobby to Galveston. Amazing service, beautiful new large shuttle can and fantastic price! I would definitely use this service again.

This was just posted. Hope I was able to do this right.

That is good news. When I corresponded with them they were so professional and quick to sort something out. I booked immediately and price was fantastic. Enjoy your holiday.

For those of you taking the Galveston Express from Houston to Galveston, I'm wondering if you're booking the bus that arrives in Galveston at 9:30 am or 2:00 pm? For me, 9:30 is too early and 2 pm is too late; I would like to try to check-in around noon if possible. If you're taking the early bus, how are you planning to spend the time while you wait to check in?

For those of you taking the Galveston Express from Houston to Galveston, I'm wondering if you're booking the bus that arrives in Galveston at 9:30 am or 2:00 pm? For me, 9:30 is too early and 2 pm is too late; I would like to try to check-in around noon if possible. If you're taking the early bus, how are you planning to spend the time while you wait to check in?

You can go to the cruise terminal first and drop off your luggage with a porter and then visit the Strand Historical District just across the street. There are museums and shops to pass the time and a crosswalk over the street leading into and out of Cruise Terminal One.

We made a reservation for the 7.30-bus. I know we will wake up early (too early!!!) because of the timedifference (flying in from Europe the evening before)

and we think it's better to be in port a little bit early than late.

You can go to the cruise terminal first and drop off your luggage with a porter and then visit the Strand Historical District just across the street. There are museums and shops to pass the time and a crosswalk over the street leading into and out of Cruise Terminal One.

Thanks! Great idea! I think we try to do that if we have the time! :)

• 2 months later...

We used Galveston Express in June both to and from Galveston and we are so happy we did. :)

Keith, the owner and driver, was very helpful and answered all my questions quickly with personal detailed answers by e-mail before we booked.

We stayed at a hotel close to IAH, right on the way to Hobby and he offered US to be picked up at our hotel instead of going back to the airport in the morning. It saved us a lot of time and we could start the morning with no stress!

We were the only one between IAH and Hobby and we almost had a sightseeing on the way. Keith told us a lot of stuff on the way. We picked up some more people at Hobby and then we stopped at a nice store/gasstation where we were able to buy some bottled water for a reasonable price if we wanted to bring it on the ship! We arrived before scheduled arrivaltime.

On our way back to IAH we had the same great experience and we got dropped of at the rental car pick up area because we were going to pick up our car for a road trip.

We would definately use Galveston Express again if we are cruising out of Galveston. And we recommend you to go with then. No reason not to use them! It went smooth and easy, nothing to worry about. They used a big nice car. The price was the best we could find and the timeschedule was perfect for both our departure and arrivaltime.

The booking was easily done on the homepage and all questions were answered in a way that I appriciate = no worries at all!!!

We were totally satisfied. 10 out of 10!!!:):):)

• 2 weeks later...