Live From Norwegian Jewel: Hits & Misses

LauraS

There were a couple of food finds that we discovered on the Jewel. Who knew that I loved Museli ? I loved it so much I had it every day in Moderno. Very different from the museli in a box. It's creamy and fruity, grainy and nutty deliciousness. Also, we loved trying the dishes in the MDR that were probably geared to crew and their countries. We LOVED the Indian food. I preferred everything that was exotic to us than anything in Tsar's. It was grand. Just not as pretty to eat at.

There were a couple of food finds that we discovered on the Jewel. Who knew that I loved Museli ? I loved it so much I had it every day in Moderno. Very different from the museli in a box. It's creamy and fruity, grainy and nutty deliciousness. Also, we loved trying the dishes in the MDR that were probably geared to crew and their countries. We LOVED the Indian food. I preferred everything that was exotic to us than anything in Tsar's. It was grand. Just not as pretty to eat at.

I have to agree with you on the Museli. We tried it on the Escape, as it was on the Haven restaurant breakfast bar and breakfast didn't open until hours after we were up and running (okay, I can't help waking at my usual 4 am), so we wanted to grab something quick before our actual order arrived. WOW! Who knew? It then became my basic breakfast and I didn't order off the menu but a couple more times during the cruise.

And the wings at O'Sheehans were enjoyed several times, too! (I'm hoping that Jewel has now been upgraded to have O'Sheehans.)

Speaking of Moderno's....I have seen several posts where people did not like it. We have eaten there on several different ships and I love the variety of salad items available. I even changed out LeBistro for Modernos on one cruise because I wanted to return a second time!