Beach at Anse-Mitan Question

jsant

We took the boat to the beach. We spent Euro 20 for 2 adults and a kid round trip. There's a big sign in town and another big sign when you arrive at the beach with the timetable of the boats. We were told to go to a beach called Anse Migan but we didn't want to wait half an hour for the next boat and we took the next boat to a beach called Point du Bout. It's a small beach with a hotel and a bar and restaurant. We used their deck chairs and umbrellas and were never asked for money. There was wifi on the beach too. Anse Migan beach was 5 mins walk away and we could have walked because it looked bigger and nicer but we decided to stay at Point du Bout. There were a lot of French tourists all over the island. All in all Martinique is very beautiful and although I didn't find a lot of information how to do this port on our own we managed to do it easily. I must say that my French is very basic but with the help of the tourist guides I managed to get wherever we wanted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I realize that it's been almost a year since there was any activity on this thread but I'm hoping that someone who has been to Martinique in the past year will reply. We will be in Martinique in March and are considering going to Anse Mitan for a few hours in the afternoon. Is there a ferry that goes directly to that beach or do we have to stop at other ports (Point de Bout) first? Once there, are there beach chairs and umbrellas to rent? Are there restrooms, food and beverage facilities near by? How long is the ferry ride back to Fort de France? Also the cost of any of these things would be greatly appreciated as would any additional information you can provide.

I realize that it's been almost a year since there was any activity on this thread but I'm hoping that someone who has been to Martinique in the past year will reply. We will be in Martinique in March and are considering going to Anse Mitan for a few hours in the afternoon. Is there a ferry that goes directly to that beach or do we have to stop at other ports (Point de Bout) first? Once there, are there beach chairs and umbrellas to rent? Are there restrooms, food and beverage facilities near by? How long is the ferry ride back to Fort de France? Also the cost of any of these things would be greatly appreciated as would any additional information you can provide.

I think we may be on the same cruise as you. Guess we will have to wing it as I have been trying to get answers regarding this port and this particular beach and have not received many responses to questions I have asked. I know many are staying on board, but it's a port we haven't been to, so I definitely want to see it, just hope we made the right choice of this beach.

We are there March 25, how about you? I think we will just take the ferry over to to the other beaches sounds easy to do... our problem is margarita island and what to there.. Have a great trip, whatever you do. Di

• 1 month later...
We are there March 25, how about you? I think we will just take the ferry over to to the other beaches sounds easy to do... our problem is margarita island and what to there.. Have a great trip, whatever you do. Di

Any updates March 2015 cruisers??

• 3 months later...

Sorry, I did not see this post soon enough to answer. But if anyone has a question, can message me and I will answer most questions if able.

PortMaster,

I would be interested in the answers you would have given to lollyny1 as I have the same questions and will be there in February 2016. Many thanks in advance for your time.