Quick question on business of Freeport and Nassau?

twolittlelovebugs06

Boyfriend and I will be on our first cruise in..34 days!! We will be traveling Carnival to Freeport and Nassau and I have already started packing I'm so excited!!

I just looked up the cruise timetables for the 2 ports when we will be there and I just had a quick question about how busy/crowded Nassau would be with 2 other ships in port? Since I've never been on a cruise before I have no idea what to compare that too. Freeport, we are the only ship in port that day, but Nassau we will be joined by a Royal Caribbean ship and a Disney ship.

We planned on just staying close to port, walking to Junkanoo and the fish fry, but I'm wondering if that's going to be a crowded nightmare and we should go somewhere a bit away from the port? What would you say the normal amount of ships have been when you've cruised to Nassau?

Just wanna make sure we are prepared and have a plan!! I appreciate the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by twolittlelovebugs06

We went to Junkanoo with 4 ships in port and it was crowded on the pier and the welcome center. Once you get close to the BC Hilton it starts to thin out. The 1st section of Junkanoo was crowded but just walk further to the second pier and the beach thins out.