Congratulations, MOBILE!!!

*Mach*

John Heald just posted this in his blog:

Mayor Sam Jones said late Friday he has not been briefed, but he thinks Carnival will replace the Mobile-based Holiday with a larger ship.

Steve Cape, co-owner of Springdale Travel, said Friday that he knew changes were imminent when Miami-based Carnival in mid-July halted orders for new 2009 brochures for the Holiday.

I can’t tell you what it is ……..but I can give the proud people of Mobile, Alabama a clue. We love cruising out of Mobile and in the fall of 2009 your FANTASY of having a bigger ship…………will come true……….y’all.

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2008/08/17...#comment-41410

Congratulations, Mobile!!!

:D

Mayor Sam Jones said late Friday he has not been briefed, but he thinks Carnival will replace the Mobile-based Holiday with a larger ship.

Steve Cape, co-owner of Springdale Travel, said Friday that he knew changes were imminent when Miami-based Carnival in mid-July halted orders for new 2009 brochures for the Holiday.

I can’t tell you what it is ……..but I can give the proud people of Mobile, Alabama a clue. We love cruising out of Mobile and in the fall of 2009 your FANTASY of having a bigger ship…………will come true……….y’all.

Now THAT'S quite a clue, isn't it? :D The official announcement is going to happen in Mobile at 1:30 today and then Carnival will be making another announcement in New Orleans tomorrow so if we get the Fantasy, I wonder which ship N.O. will get. I'm so darned excited although it will be sad to see the Holiday go. Glad we're getting to sail on her again in a couple of days...maybe we can do it one more time before next fall.

Any hints on the NOLA ship???

Will we (Mobile) be stuck without a cruise ship between the time Holiday's contract ends (October '08, I think) and Nov. '09 when Fantasy comes?

Nope Holiday is to leave on nov 2 2009. Fantasy is Nov 10 so it will be 8 days in between. I read that on a site yesterday.

Just a reminder from the Guidelines:

Copyright Infringements

The posting of large blocks of text obtained from the Internet, online newspapers, web sites, magazines, etc., defeats the purpose of our Cruise Boards. All of this information is available to everyone online, and doesn't add to the idea of sharing firsthand experiences and cruise advice. Also, the majority of information out there is protected by an author's individual copyright. Therefore, we will remove such information from the message boards. You may LINK via url to the information.

However, Cruise Line press releases are welcome on the boards, if you clearly indicate the source.

Kat

Archived