Ship's Marina availability......

koko's_mom

We are looking to book an 11 day Cook Islands and Society Islands voyage in October. How many days can we expect the ship's marina activities to be available?

Thank you in advance!

Marina activities are usually only for divers. That being said when the ship is in lagoons they have sometimes allowed some activities but I wouldn't be wrong in saying this is very rare.

I am not sure I was clear....I am asking how often the ship's watersports Marina is available for paddleboard' date=' windsurfing, kayaking, etc.?[/quote']

Only when the ship is anchored, obviously, and no stormy weather. And then there would be times posted I presume, when there were no dives coming and going. And on days where the ship is accessible to one of the motus, like the Motu Mahana day or the Bora Bora motu, the kayaks etc. will be transported there for use, at least some of them. Didn't know they had paddleboards, but if so, that's great.

This is just my general impression over the years of being aboard.

Thank you Wendy 😊. The PG website mentions the watersports Marina (and paddleboards!), but I was curious about how often we would have access to the "toys"! We would of course be interested in going on shore at each island stop and either doing an excursion of some type or simply exploring....but think the ship's Marina would be a great addition to the experience.

I am not sure I was clear....I am asking how often the ship's watersports Marina is available for paddleboard' date=' windsurfing, kayaking, etc.?[/quote']

My response is the Marina is very rarely open to non divers. As Wendy said kayaks are available at PG motus. I know they have the paddle boards in the marina but these can be used under certain weather conditions.

Thank you Emdee....I guess I was clear :)

The website makes it appear the marina is available often, so I appreciate knowing the reality. Sounds similar to how I remember Windstar (honeymoon 27 years ago!).

The marina is available any time they are anchored and the weather is appropriate. However, not may people use it. The only kayakers I saw using it while anchored were when we were in Moorea.