Getting Around Ibiza, Spain - Taxis? Or????

MalibuCA

For those of you who have visited Ibiza by cruise ship, these questions are for you. Thank you in advance for your help. My husband and I will be in Ibiza on the Crystal Symphony next August. Our plan is to visit the city on our own. We want to spend our day in the Old Town, D'Alt Vila. We plan to return to the ship in the afternoon. Since the ship doesn't sail away until 1 am, and Ibiza is such a "party" city, we thought that after we have an early dinner on the ship, we would go back into the city. In the evening after dinner, we want to return to the La Marina area to watch the party revelers have fun. Could be quite the show! Here are my questions:

1) Where do the cruise ships dock? Is it walking distance to La Marina, or would we need transportation at night?

2) Were there many available taxis in the morning at the ship so that we could taxi up the hill to the Old Town? We will walk back down, but I've read that it is a very steep climb, and I'd rather ride up and walk down.

3) Were there many available taxis at night at the ship to take us to the La Marina area in the event it is too far to walk?

4) Were there options other than taxis - both day and evening?

5) Did your cruise ship provide a shuttle into Ibiza? Where did it drop off and pick up passengers - city center in the lower town, or up the hill in the Old Town? Did the shuttle run throughout the evening, or did it stop at an early pm hour?

6) Is there anything more you can tell me about getting around Ibiza that might help me with my logistical planning?

I'm posting this to the Crystal board, too, hoping that I get specific information from Crystal passengers who have visited Ibiza. However, I'm hoping that passengers from all cruise ships, who have visited Ibiza, might be able to share with me their transportation experiences too. I appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Shelley

Hi,

It's been a few years since I was there, but I do recall taking a bus from the ship to D'Alt Vila. For some reason, I do not recall if we had to pay for the ship's shuttle or not. I do not remember about the taxis. We were not there for very long, but we had a nice day and I recall it being a good place to DIY. You may find a good amount of information over at trip advisor. I believe the North American Tourism Board for Spain sent me some information by mail in advance.

Happy Travels!

Edited by syesmar