Dual Citizenship, passports, and entering Russia

Hi all, I searched the threads and only found this issue tangentially addressed, so let me see if anyone has concrete info.

My DH and I are traveling on a Princess Baltic cruise. My husband has dual U.S./Turkish citizenship. For most of our stops, his US passport is preferred for entry. However, for St. Petersburg, his Turkish passport is preferred because Turkey and Russia have a no-visa agreement with each other. (The Russians apparently really like the Turkish beaches!)

So, my understanding from the existing threads is this: on the Baltic cruise, we keep our passports and present them at each port to get off the ship, is that correct? I saw mention of long lines at St Petersburg with grumpy passport agents...

Has anyone here used different passports for different stops like this on a Baltic cruise?

thanks in advance!

Karyn

Not on a cruise, but we do it routinely on fights from Germany to the US and back. Our kids have dual citizenship, so they have to leave the Schengen zone on their German passport and enter the the US on their American passport and vice versa.

Hi all, I searched the threads and only found this issue tangentially addressed, so let me see if anyone has concrete info.

My DH and I are traveling on a Princess Baltic cruise. My husband has dual U.S./Turkish citizenship. For most of our stops, his US passport is preferred for entry. However, for St. Petersburg, his Turkish passport is preferred because Turkey and Russia have a no-visa agreement with each other. (The Russians apparently really like the Turkish beaches!)

So, my understanding from the existing threads is this: on the Baltic cruise, we keep our passports and present them at each port to get off the ship, is that correct? I saw mention of long lines at St Petersburg with grumpy passport agents...

Has anyone here used different passports for different stops like this on a Baltic cruise?

thanks in advance!

Karyn

I don't recall needing to show my passport at any Baltic port other than St. Petersburg. Generally, since you've provided your passport info to the cruise line during the check process, they already have it available as a group to present to officials who need to see it at each port. Russia is a bit of an exception. So other ports, will likely have the passport that you gave at checkin as the passport of record when you arrive.

Archived