Who to book with for snorkel?

Sleepylove83

Any suggestions on who to book a snorkel tour with? I'm going in October with NCL but the reviews of the ones offered thru them aren't the best. Any one know of a company to use? Is shore excursioneer reliable? Or any others?

We snorkeled with Eagle Ray a couple of years ago and were happy.

Since then we have snorkeled from the shore at The Money Bar - $10 cab ride from the piers (fare covers up to 4 in the cab), good facilities, lockers, etc. Rental gear and guides if needed, plus good food/drinks/service.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked with Mystic Tours with Cuchi. to contact with them you message them on facebook. It was a small group (12 people) which is the max he takes I think. Cuchi, the guide, Machete. the driver and the helper. They were all great. We went to 3 sites and he allowed us to choose the order- we deferred to his judgement. 1st we went to El Ceilo , the most shallow about 8 feet where we saw multiple fish species, coral. conch and lots of starfish. Then we went to the medium depth reef (25 ft) where we saw lots of fish including baracuda. Cuchi would free dive down to point out interesting things or bring things up to the surface to show and then release. Then we went to the deepest (80 ft, I think). I was seasick at this point and did not go in the water but my husband got to see a turtle. A few people got stung by jellyfish but nothing too bad.

They were very safety oriented and took good care of us. Some people were very experienced and others were newbies and both were taken care of and enjoyed the trip. The assistant stayed at the back of the group with a lifering watching to make sure everyone was ok. After the 3rd dive, and seeing how seasick I was they offered to take me to the nearest pier to drop me off and get a taxi back. I declined but was glad they had offered.

We were provided with water. watermelon and other drinks. We docked at a pier where there was bathrooms, out door shower and a taxi stand- $8 back to our ship, It was about a 3 hr trip for $65 each. Also, Cuchi blows the most amazing rings in the water that he then swims through. Definitely worth the money even though I got sick.

We are also deciding on what company to go with. Our main concern is SHADE. We are looking at catamarans because we know there will be the much needed (for us) shade. If anyone giving info could post as the type of boat used, it would be helpful to us. TIA

I will second the Money Bar. It was so easy to snorkel from the shore there. The workers are very friendly and not pushy. They do offer a snorkel package where they'll take you off shore. two years ago, it was about $15 to rent snorkel from the shore. I usually bring my own.