What dive operator does NCL use in Cozumel?

RoxnDox

As thread title says, I was wondering if anyone knows which operator NCL uses for their excursions in Cozumel? Booked on a family get-together for next summer (NCL Getaway, July) and my brother and I have diving on our minds... With the other things we want to do, it looks like we will be doing the dives at Cozumel (ruins at Costa Maya, dolphins/snorkeling at Roatan). NCL offers a two-tank excursion, just doing some research before booking this vs on our own. A coworker dives down there a LOT (DM, Instructor, tech diver, all that fun stuff - even has a house on the island...), and knows a lot of the folks down there. Asked me who they use, and it's not something I could find on the NCL web site.

That warm water is something I am looking forward to trying...

Thanks in advance,

Jim

(PADI OW cert, a bit rusty so yes a refresher is in the works)

(brother nearly done with his padi DM cert)

I don't know about NCL for a fact, but I'd be surprised if it's not Sand Dollar Sports. That seems to be who most of the lines use. I've dove once with them. There are better options.

I've heard great things about Aldora, and will be diving with them in about 2 weeks, so I'll give you a first hand report after I return.

Harris

Denver, CO

• 1 month later...

We went ahead and booked thru NCL, so we'll go with whomever they have. Whether good, great, or superb, all of them will be getting us into nice warm tropical waters with cool stuff to see. Rather different from our local waters, rich in life but cold and murky.

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

All or almost all the cruise lines use Sand Dollar Sports. Big operator, BIG boats. They get you in and out in as little time and distance as possible. Not really a bad OP but there are many on the island that would give better service for lass money..

Ship arrival time and departure times are going to determine if you can use another OP. Almost all the am boats go out at about 8:00 am. Blue Angel had a 10:00 or 10:30 boat

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app