Royal Caribbean On Board Credit

I have cruised RC three times back in the early 2000's...I have since been cruising Carnival with my family and friends. Last July I began planning an adults only cruise for this May (May 11th Navigator out of Galveston) with several other couples. I priced both Carnival and RC out of Galveston. My friends who are going on the cruise with us have only ever cruised Carnival (numerous times) and I convinced them to try RC BUT only after I asked RC reservations numerous questions comparing the two options because as past Carnival cruisers they will have to give up some of their perks to try RC..

I asked them numerous silly things, do yall have complementary robes in the cabins, are there refrigerators in the cabins, can we bring wine and/or sodas on board etc. etc. etc...

My question for y'all pertains to a question I asked them about onboard credits.....I was told that RC does the same as Carnival on cabin prices, that if after we book and pay our final payment if the price of the cabin goes down they give on board credit, not a refund. RC is now telling me, since my cabin total went down $300 that yes RC use to do that but it changed back in 2011 and now all they will offer is an upgraded cabin..Right now we all have cabins together on the 8th deck, two balcony cabins and one interior overlooking the Promenade. If we take the upgrade only the balcony cabins are eligible and there are not three cabins together but there are three cabins close to each other on deck 6..Really who wants to go down on the ship?

I am very frustrated because this is not the only issues that I have experienced already with RC but it's the one that has the biggest impact.

Has anyone else had this happen and/or any suggestions on who to speak with?? I even asked for dinner in a specialty restaurant and was told NOPE SORRY upgrade or nothing...The girl in the "resolution" center who I spoke with said and I quote "I don't see anywhere in the notes that you were ever told that" my response was do you see in the notes where I asked if you have refrigerators in the room or where I asked if I can bring sodas onboard etc? She said well no...Exactly!

Not a good way to start..:mad:

Sincerely,

Frustrated in Texas

Set sail thank you for your response but do you mean I got correct information when I booked or now?

I know what I was told and I'm frustrated they aren't honoring it....

You got correct info in that there's no credit of any kind given for price drops after final payment date.

If it was before final payment date, then they do honor price drops with some exceptions.

Edited by clarea

Set sail thank you for your response but do you mean I got correct information when I booked or now?

I know what I was told and I'm frustrated they aren't honoring it....

The information given to you from the RCCL rep is correct. The policy regarding price drops all changed back in 2011. Here's the link to the 2011 RCCL Blog that explains this http://www.******************.com/2011/06/10/cruising-101-price-adjustments

As far as bringing soda on board , It's correct that you are not allowed to bring soda on board. However , not that I'm suggesting you do this but people have been know to bring soda on board. There's varying reports as to the success of this practice all throughout the RCCL forum.

Please note that you allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine per cabin ( not person) on board. Here's the link to RCCL's Food & Beverage Policy http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=260

Edited by xxoocruiser