Recent experience sailing in a PH Spa suite?

travelingduo

We will be sailing in a PH Spa suite soon and are wondering if anyone has recent experience sailing in one of these suites. We have read the posts and seen the you tubes from people who were in them when they were first introduced. Wondering if the soot issue has been resolved and how the motion is at the aft. We are really looking forward to our cruise! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi, We were in a spa suite in October on the Quest voyage from Montreal to Ft. Lauderdale. We were also in one last year (?) from Barcelona to Rio. I think the suites are wonderful -- beautiful and spacious -- and the verandas equally so. Some people do not care for the location above the spa or the spiral staircase. I admit to carrying my heels on a few occasions, but this is a small price to pay imo. The soot issue seems to no longer be a problem. I will say that you feel the motion of the ship, and I did have a queasy moment or two -- or maybe it was the herring my husband insists on having at breakfast -- but I would not hesitate to sail in one again. You will love it! (And the rain shower is fabulous! )

We had 1091 last summer on Quest and were very pleased: very quiet, huge bathroom and no soot on that big veranda. Come to think of it we almost never saw the occupants of the other 3 suites.

I hope you enjoy it too!

Happy sailing!

• 2 weeks later...

We also sailed in one last summer and again in the fall. We also found the soot issues resolved. We sailed in a center one and the starboard corner one, and I must say I enjoyed the end suite's balcony and bedroom side window, which the center ones obviously do not have. There's a bit more movement up there, comparable to being in the Colonnade or the spa's serene area, but I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

We did 21 days this summer in the Med in a Spa suite.It was wonderful, had one day with soot, they promptly had it cleaned and wanted to know if any apparel was damaged as Seabourn was willing to clean or replace. All in all it was one of our favorite suites and we have booked it for a Pacific crossing.Go for it you'll love it.

• 2 months later...
So it sounds like if I have a choice between 1091 and 1093 that 1093 (the corner) is the way to go?

Yes, but take your itinerary into consideration before you decide. For example, if you're on a cruise where you will see lots of coastline (and that's what you're looking for), depending on the direction you're headed, you might always be looking at the sea in a corner suite. That might be your preference, but if you like coastline, you could be disappointed. Just something to consider.

We just returned from the Quest Suite 1090. FANTASTIC. I would definitely choose the corner suite. You can see a full 180 degree view from the verandah. It also has a window in the bedroom that opens up the entire suite. I am writing a full review and will post it as soon as the jet lag wears off! Let me know if you have any questions. We booked 1093 for our next cruise which will be on the Odyssey. The location of the Spa Suites is close to everything. The stairs are not an issue once you navigate them once or twice. (Mind you we were not wearing high heels!) We could have never left our suite and we would have been happy! Good luck.

Thank you both! The cruise is in the Mediterranean, with both city and island stops. The other side was already taken, so I suspect it might be prime viewing, but ocean *or* coast both sound great to me! I saw the deck is slightly smaller on the middle ones, but having two viewing angles at once sounds great.

It's on the Sojourn, so I think the suites will be brand new in June.