POA Disembarkation

Bourdieu

Just got back today...You will be at the dock between 6:30 and 7AM and easy walk off starts at 7:15. The latest you can expect to last on the ship is 10AM if you are lucky.

This was the best trip I have ever been on and it was truly a life changing experience for me. I hope you enjoy it as well. :)

... The latest you can expect to last on the ship is 10AM if you are lucky...

The only draw back to staying on as long as you can, is getting stuck in the rabble on the pier...

There were a lot of people hanging around waiting, we were in a long line of people waiting for VIP bus transfer, which was only 1 minibus at a time, so after about an hour of waiting, we gave up and took a taxi.

That said, our taxi driver was a champion and gave us some great sights to see on Oahu that we hadn't already... we ended up booking him direct to take us back to the airport on our last day.

The only draw back to staying on as long as you can, is getting stuck in the rabble on the pier...

There were a lot of people hanging around waiting, we were in a long line of people waiting for VIP bus transfer, which was only 1 minibus at a time, so after about an hour of waiting, we gave up and took a taxi.

That said, our taxi driver was a champion and gave us some great sights to see on Oahu that we hadn't already... we ended up booking him direct to take us back to the airport on our last day.

I don't know that leaving the ship later has anything to do with your situation with VIP, which doesn't sound like it was a very VIP experience. Most people get off the ship early, and that is when the biggest crowds are in my experience.

A good lesson that a transfer service is not always the best option. Sometimes just walking out to the curb and jumping into one of a line of waiting taxis is the quickest and sometimes cheapest option by far, although I have heard good things about inexpensive transfer services like Roberts. But, it is a tradeoff sometimes between saving a few bucks and long waits, sharing a vehicle with lots of people being dropped of in several locations.