Voyages to Antiquity - Cruises to the Orient

patseacruiser

Yes. we were glad to see Irene leave. No major damage, but lots of cleanup from broken tree limbs. I cannot find any mention of late 2012 cruises on VtoA online. I guess I will have to call to request the information to be sent.

I just "discovered" that this cruise line exists ---- we have cruised primarily on Crystal -- almost totally because of the lecturers, but this line sounds even better! Has anyone cruised with them? What is it like? Is there another board I should go on to search? Thanks. Janet :)

I just "discovered" that this cruise line exists ---- we have cruised primarily on Crystal -- almost totally because of the lecturers, but this line sounds even better! Has anyone cruised with them? What is it like? Is there another board I should go on to search? Thanks. Janet :)

Hi Janet, if you look under the "Reviews" section here, you'll find some pretty detailed information on Voyages to Antiquity. I cruised with them at the very end of their inaugural season last year (which started off a bit rocky, going by the earliest reviews) and had a wonderful trip. I am sailing with them again in October.

I've not had the pleasure of sailing on Crystal, but I do really like the guest lecturers (all well credentialled) and the small ship experience on this line. V2A is probably not as deluxe in some other areas as Crystal, but it certainly has much to recommend it. There are several of us on CC that post with regularity, so if you want any more specific details or questions answered, just post.

Hi Janet - I would suggest you do take all the time to read all the reviews, including those on the V2A website. The first reviews were not too good but as you read them you'll notice that the company listened and improved things. I did a b2b with them in July and had a great time. As Cynthia said, any questions just ask and have a great fall in Ohio! - Shar

Welcome Janet - you will see some early negative reviews in their maiden voyage season written by a few people with an agenda and some very real concerns from others. V2A listened and they have a pretty good product now. We are all eagerly awaiting for them to put the new Orient sailings into their system as the brochure is all we have until then. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know we are not supposed to name a travel agent on the boards; however, I read on other VtA threads that folks who booked through agents believe they received better air arrangements or upgrades and such. So would anyone be amenable to contacting me (or allowing me to contact them) off line and let me know the name of their agent? I will also post this on the other threads.

thanks

jan

I know we are not supposed to name a travel agent on the boards; however, I read on other VtA threads that folks who booked through agents believe they received better air arrangements or upgrades and such. So would anyone be amenable to contacting me (or allowing me to contact them) off line and let me know the name of their agent? I will also post this on the other threads.

thanks

jan

Jan - we're not even allowed to ask to contact each other about the names of travel agents.

thanks

jan

Why don't you contact VTA and ask them for a recommendation.

• 2 months later...

Archived