What is the best way to get to this hotel from the airport and then to the port?

alert

I will be staying at the Athens Gate hotel (address is 10 Syngrou Avenue Athens 11742) pre-cruise. What is the best way to get to this hotel from the airport and then to the port on the day of cruise?

Trying to save some $. Is it possible to do the above by public transportation?

Thanks so much.

We stayed there in June because it is so close to the Acropolis Museum ( we did like the hotel) and used George's Taxis to pick us up at the airport and take us to the hotel and then the next morning to take us to the port of Piraeus. The drivers were on time, the cars were clean and new and we were not subjected to the Athens's taxi drivers who have a reputation for trying to overcharge their fares.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would endorse the view that you need to be careful with taxi drivers in Athens, even if they tell you they will be charging by the meter. It's better to book in advance and George is highly recommended, though at certain times of year he will probably turn down straight transfers in favour of day-long tours.

Another possibility is the metro to Piraeus which is very much cheaper but you will still need to get a taxi from Piraeus station to the cruise terminal as it's a really long walk, especially when loaded down with heavy cases.

Thanks for all the replies.

Apparently there's a new express bus X80 that connects the port and Athens. Please see link below. So I may give this a try to get from my hotel to the port.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2040424&highlight=x80

Has anyone tried the new express bus X80 from Athens to the cruise port? Just wondering how frequent it is and how do I find a timetable?

Thanks so much.