Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Solo Cruisers

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Solo Cruisers Do you leave your cares -- and everyone -- behind when you cruise?
Don't Miss Cruise Critic's Best Cruises for Solo Travelers and Cruise Welcome Mat for Solo Cruisers

Old January 8th, 2009, 02:34 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default If a cruise line is to drop solo 200% rate, when do they do it?

Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this. I'm looking at booking two cruises, back to back and will be going solo. One cruise I know won't drop the double oc 200% rate because its 7 days but the other is a longer repo cruise. The cruise is in late April. I know sometimes on NCL for repos they don't charge the 200% rate but on some they do. Does anyone know when they drop this if ever? Is it normally after final payment?

Thanks!

Next up:
Carnival Imagination - 9/2014
Norwegian Jewel - 10/2014
Norwegian Spirit - 2/2015

Old January 8th, 2009, 08:24 PM
20,000+ Club

You need to call the cruise line and ask them. I've never heard of them changing their SS after a particular date. The SS's are pretty much set in stone, unless you're lucky and find the very occasional lower SS. But as I said, I don't think anyone here can answer that question, and you need to speak with someone at NCL

Last edited by kitty9; January 8th, 2009 at 08:24 PM.