Carnival Pride 9/17/17 Anyone Canceling ?

Drink Bully

I just don't understand the lack of communication. Someone on your cruise posted on another thread Friday night, that there had been no communication from Carnival and she was having to fly to Baltimore on Saturday. Now we hear that they didn't send out an email until Saturday night. On our cruise, Sep 3d, we weren't told anything until after muster!

I think part of the issue is that there are many cruise ships "jockeying for position", I don't think any of the cruise lines are blatantly withholding new itineraries or info . Some terminals (like Nassau) can handle quite a few ships, while others only two or three. You have to realize it must be a scheduling nightmare to figure out where all these ships will go, what time they will go there, etc.

I think part of the issue is that there are many cruise ships "jockeying for position", I don't think any of the cruise lines are blatantly withholding new itineraries or info . Some terminals (like Nassau) can handle quite a few ships, while others only two or three. You have to realize it must be a scheduling nightmare to figure out where all these ships will go, what time they will go there, etc.

Believe me, after 42 cruises, I "realize" that there can be scheduling issues during a severe weather situation. My issue is that hurricane Irma was know about, it's projected path well known, days before our cruise and there was no communication from Carnival yet, the cruise "after" ours was given 4 days notice of the changes and options for cancelling with full refund and 25% off a future cruise while those that decided to go on their cruise were all given 25% off a future cruise. Those on our cruise were given NOTHING, no advance notice of changes, no reduced fair, no further compensation. If we had been given 4 days notice of the changes, we would have cancelled and re-booked a later cruise. What we ended up with was a trip to Charleston South Carolina and a boarded/sand bagged/closed up Freeport and Nassau. Very poor communication and customer service.

Believe me, after 42 cruises, I "realize" that there can be scheduling issues during a severe weather situation. My issue is that hurricane Irma was know about, it's projected path well known, days before our cruise and there was no communication from Carnival yet, the cruise "after" ours was given 4 days notice of the changes and options for cancelling with full refund and 25% off a future cruise while those that decided to go on their cruise were all given 25% off a future cruise. Those on our cruise were given NOTHING, no advance notice of changes, no reduced fair, no further compensation. If we had been given 4 days notice of the changes, we would have cancelled and re-booked a later cruise. What we ended up with was a trip to Charleston South Carolina and a boarded/sand bagged/closed up Freeport and Nassau. Very poor communication and customer service.

The path of a hurricane is always a "projected" path, just as you said. It was believed that Irma was going to hit the east coast of Florida until she decided to change direction at the last minute and head into the Gulf of Mexico. What would happen if all of the cruise lines decide to cancel the cruises because of the projected path and strength of a storm? Then all of a sudden that storm fizzles.

I guess the bottom line is that if you book a cruise in the midst of hurricane season, you need to be prepared for something like this to happen.

The path of a hurricane is always a "projected" path, just as you said. It was believed that Irma was going to hit the east coast of Florida until she decided to change direction at the last minute and head into the Gulf of Mexico. What would happen if all of the cruise lines decide to cancel the cruises because of the projected path and strength of a storm? Then all of a sudden that storm fizzles.

I guess the bottom line is that if you book a cruise in the midst of hurricane season, you need to be prepared for something like this to happen.

You continue to miss the point: THERE WAS NO COMMUNICATION TO THE PASSENGERS ON THE SEPTEMBER 3D CRUISE ADVISING OF AN ITINERARY CHANGE OR OPTION TO CANCEL. No communication is the issue.