Which resorts are in walking distance from the port?

motleyfan

There is only one resort downtown near the port. The British Colonial Hilton is about 7-10 minutes from port, and Senor Frogs is part of their building complex. Day pass is $65pp (with 40 lunch voucher). Day pass is not available without the lunch voucher.

Cable Beach is 5 miles west of downtown, and Atlantis, RIU,etc is on Paradise Island, about 2.5 miles east of town and over a bridge. *not an easy walk in the heat.

There is only one resort downtown near the port. The British Colonial Hilton is about 7-10 minutes from port, and Senor Frogs is part of their building complex. Day pass is $65pp (with 40 lunch voucher). Day pass is not available without the lunch voucher.

Cable Beach is 5 miles west of downtown, and Atlantis, RIU,etc is on Paradise Island, about 2.5 miles east of town and over a bridge. *not an easy walk in the heat.

Cost for Day pass at the British Colonial is $60 per person NOT $65

We purchased our day passes to the British Colonial HIlton from Resort for a Day. $60 per adult includes a $40 food and beverage credit, $30 per child includes a $20 F&B credit. The credit was more then enough for lunch and a few drinks. But if you prefer all inclusive, Resort for a Day also offers a day pass to the All Inclusive Breezes Resort & Spa in Nassau: http://www.resortforaday.com/Nassau-Day-Pass-s/1826.htm

Hope this helps!

We purchased our day passes to the British Colonial HIlton from Resort for a Day. $60 per adult includes a $40 food and beverage credit, $30 per child includes a $20 F&B credit. The credit was more then enough for lunch and a few drinks. But if you prefer all inclusive, Resort for a Day also offers a day pass to the All Inclusive Breezes Resort & Spa in Nassau: http://www.resortforaday.com/Nassau-Day-Pass-s/1826.htm

Hope this helps!

Correct - $40 food and beverage voucher.

JW why do that when there are all-inclusive options? I was shocked when I saw the $40 food and beverage credit, I was like what I drink and eat way more than that lol.

JW why do that when there are all-inclusive options? I was shocked when I saw the $40 food and beverage credit, I was like what I drink and eat way more than that lol.

For one thing the BCH is much nicer than some of the other all-inclusive options. I wouldn't ever consider a day pass to Breezes again but would most certainly go the BCH again. But others have no problem with Breezes and so they can choose to go there over the BCH. That's why there are options.

Edited by aurelius180

For one thing the BCH is much nicer than some of the other all-inclusive options. I wouldn't ever consider a day pass to Breezes again but would most certainly go the BCH again. But others have no problem with Breezes and so they can choose to go there over the BCH. That's why there are options.

Have you done the riu resort? They have a swim up bar lol.

What didn't you like about Breezes?

The beach was nice but that was about it. The property was run down and the food and drink selection was quite limited. If I remember correctly the selection was a few beers, some generic, sugary, fruity frozen drinks or mixed drinks with a limited selection of well liquor. The food at the time was conch fritters or burgers, etc. It just wasn't our thing. With the caveat this was back in 2007 so things may have changed.

We preferred the food and drink selection at the BCH. The property was also nicer, more relaxing and while the beach wasn't quite as nice as over by Breezes, the amenities were better.

Edited by aurelius180

I've not tried RIU. The only ones we've been to are Breezes, Atlantis, BCH and Compass Point. I would visit any of them, other than Breezes, again.

We are going to be there for a day in mid Sept. and BCH said that their pool is closed for repair. If the beach isn't very nice would it be worth it to still go there or should we go to Breezes or Rui?

Also, anyone have any input on the Grand Lucayan?

Edited by Sheardiva

We are going to be there for a day in mid Sept. and BCH said that their pool is closed for repair. If the beach isn't very nice would it be worth it to still go there or should we go to Breezes or Rui?

Also, anyone have any input on the Grand Lucayan?

I probably should have been clearer in my OP about the beach but we had absolutely no problem with the beach at the BCH. It's just smaller than the one at Breezes and is located in the harbor. It was perfectly fine though.