Watching Football/Sports Bars in Nassau???

brandi2409

Hi - My BF and I are sailing on Enchantment of the Seas in September. This is my first cruise and his first time in Nassau. We are huge college football fans and would love to catch some of the Bama/Florida game & other games while in Nassau. We are in port from noon-midnight. Does anyone know of any sports bars or bars/restaurants with televisions to watch the games? We did think about the sports book at Atlantis, if nothing else is available...

There is a little bar downtown (not sure of the name) that has several big screens. It is close to where you would catch the #10 bus. We have watched a Bama game here before. Beers are reasonable for local brands.

That's great to know. We hoped there would be something downtown if we decide not to go to Atlantis. We'll definitely keep an eye out. Roll Tide!

• 11 months later...
Hi - My BF and I are sailing on Enchantment of the Seas in September. This is my first cruise and his first time in Nassau. We are huge college football fans and would love to catch some of the Bama/Florida game & other games while in Nassau. We are in port from noon-midnight. Does anyone know of any sports bars or bars/restaurants with televisions to watch the games? We did think about the sports book at Atlantis, if nothing else is available...

I am in the same dilemma you were in last year. I will be on the Enchantment of the Seas, and in Nassau, on September 26th. Incidentally, this is the day that the Vols and the Gators play.

I was wondering if you could tell me if you found a place where you were able to watch your game, that you could recommend to me, as well?

Thank you for your help.

I am in the same dilemma you were in last year. I will be on the Enchantment of the Seas, and in Nassau, on September 26th. Incidentally, this is the day that the Vols and the Gators play.

I was wondering if you could tell me if you found a place where you were able to watch your game, that you could recommend to me, as well?

Thank you for your help.

Hi! We wound up watching the game at the Pirate's Pub & Grill -

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147416-d3833277-Reviews-Pirate_s_Pub_Grill-Nassau_New_Providence_Island_Bahamas.html

Just be careful - beers were EXPENSIVE - at least for us.

There was also another place (I can't remember the name) that was on the main strip where you get off the ship. Many of the cruisers we spoke with later told us they watched the game there. It is easy to find and has a lot of televisions.

We didn't go to the Green Parrot, but I've heard that is a good option as well.

Our main concern was that the game was on CBS and we thought it would be hard to find, but there were several options.

Have a great cruise!

• 1 month later...

Not cruising by flying to Nassau this weekend and was glad to come across this thread! I love the Pirate Bar and this weekend is TN/Bama so I can't miss that! Thanks everybody for the info. Us SEC folks can't be too far away from a TV on a football Saturday!

I agree! Sharkeez is a great place for football, food, and drinks! There's also a new place open (well they said for 8 months or so) called Pirate Republic that had several TVs with football on. They have their own brewery next door and their Pirate Republic beer was great!