Car service drop off distance from terminal building at Port Everglades??

How close to the terminal building at Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale can a car service drop off passsengers? My mom is disabled and needs wheelchair help to get into the terminal and I'm trying to figure out how far she'll have to walk on her own before getting wheelchair assistance. We will be on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas.

Thanks, but I was hoping someone who had been to that port could give me more information. Guess I will call the terminal directly and see what they can tell me. My mom is very worried about how far she may have to walk before getting someone to come with a wheelchair.

bluecruise1,

Been on the Allure one time, I am sure the car service can drop your mom off right at the entrance. But I do have a question. If your mom is worried about how far she's going to walk to board, how is she getting around on the ship? How is she going to deal with disembarking at cruise ports? Have you considered renting a scooter? Can your mom drive one? I don't think you can just borrow a wheelchair from the cruise lines for the trip, but you could call their special needs department to be sure. If you rent a scooter, some rental companies will let you pick it up and deliver it off ship. That would let your mom have an easy embarkation and disembarkation.

Once you get inside the RCI port building there will be wheel chair folks avail to help your mom. I believe they are after the desks where you check in. Some ports are strange in that ships personnel cannot help you once you are in the terminal building. I don't remember if Ft Lauderdale is that way.