Cruising in -> Orient Beach + Simpson Bay?

davidasman

I've been to the island several times and typically spend the day at Orient Beach. This trip (RCCL Freedom) we'll be arriving at 8a and have booked a dive excursion (not through RCCL) that leaves from the Simpson Bay dive shop @ 11a. If we get off the boat right at 8a, do you think we'll have time to get to Orient for a couple hours then hop a taxi over to the dive shop?

Other recommendations? We're set on the dive trip -- it's a 2 tank dive, the second being a shark dive that my girlfriend is super pumped about doing. Having done shark dives before I'm just happy to make her happy.

The dive excursion gets us back to the port at 3:45 so there won't really be any time to do any more than pick up some booze before getting on the ship.

Thanks for the advice!

I've been to the island several times and typically spend the day at Orient Beach. This trip (RCCL Freedom) we'll be arriving at 8a and have booked a dive excursion (not through RCCL) that leaves from the Simpson Bay dive shop @ 11a. If we get off the boat right at 8a, do you think we'll have time to get to Orient for a couple hours then hop a taxi over to the dive shop?

Other recommendations? We're set on the dive trip -- it's a 2 tank dive, the second being a shark dive that my girlfriend is super pumped about doing. Having done shark dives before I'm just happy to make her happy.

The dive excursion gets us back to the port at 3:45 so there won't really be any time to do any more than pick up some booze before getting on the ship.

Thanks for the advice!

I don't think you have enough time to go to Orient first by the time you get there you might have an hour to an hour and a half at most.