Grand Turk Nathans Golf Carts

swimgirl1

Considering renting golf cart or scooter and do some snorkeling. How safe is it to leave a rental (as locked as possible) while on the beach? I'm not inclined to do this but thought I might get a surprising, "Yes, no one will bother..."

We rented from Nathan for our cruise in 2012 and when we got to the area on the side of the road..they offered us a jeep instead. We did take it as it was the same price but it had missing nuts on the wheels, it poured rain for a little bit and we literally had to drive holding the roof cover down because the clips were broken. We laughed but that's just how we are..just go with the flow type of people.

That's definitely scary about the golf cart bursting in flames. Glad everyone got off of it safely.

i emailed Nathan last week but have gotten no response. maybe we'll just wing it when we get there after reading more reviews. these bad reviews need to be put on TripAdvisor as he's still highly rated there.

i seem to be having similar experience with St Kitts and St Maarten private excursion company - i ask a simple question like which beach does the X tour stop at and for how long and next thing i know they are sending me a confirmation or don't really answer the email. i'm just not finding carnival excursions in St Maarten that cover the entire island.

sccoast - We've used Bernard's twice on St. Maarten. They have a couple of different island tours that go to the French side with stops at Orient Beach, Maho Beach, etc. They also offer a private tour. We thought they did a good job and the price was quite reasonable.

sccoast - We've used Bernard's twice on St. Maarten. They have a couple of different island tours that go to the French side with stops at Orient Beach, Maho Beach, etc. They also offer a private tour. We thought they did a good job and the price was quite reasonable.

we did Bernards in Dec and didn't get the whole tour, we were in Marigot and suddenly the driver said traffic was too bad to go to phillipsburg and instead we spent the next two hours circling the island in the direction we had come from, we got back to port more than an hour later than we should have and didn't even get to see about 1/4 of the tour. i won't do Bernards again unless there are less than 5 ships in port - there were 8 and it was nuts. not really his fault but it stunk just the same. looking at Twin Island this time ...

still no response from Nathans so just going to walk to Govenors Beach i guess.

Edited by sccoast

• 3 weeks later...
I have never used this person but I was looking around for Deep Sea Fishing and came upon Wet Money and they rent scooters. Nothing on the website regarding pricing but I received very quick email responses to my fishing questions.

website is www dot wet money ent dot com (no spaces)

website not showing in my results

Thanks for the link above. They also have bike rentals. Wonder how large Grand Turk is and could be covered by bike?

EDIT: Found it .... : The Island is seven miles long and 1.5 miles wide.

Edited by ibcnusoon

Thanks for the link above. They also have bike rentals. Wonder how large Grand Turk is and could be covered by bike?

EDIT: Found it .... : The Island is seven miles long and 1.5 miles wide.

Tony so far has been very helpful. He only gets back to you once a day (I had lots of questions) but always get an answer.

Its not a large island so it should be easy to tour in a few hours, then you will still have time to sit on the beach and have a few drinks.

Are you going before November? If so please come back and let me know how you made out with Tony if you rent from him. Always love to get other posters opinions.

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

So I'm guessing.........Nathan is out of business and if by some chance they ever answer your email......DO NOT give them your CC#

You don't have to hit me over the head with a golf cart! NOPE not gonna do it!

Sounds like a lot of fun but.......not in a flaming cart!

Nathan is not out of business was just there June 24th and he was Renting out golf carts . Personally what I would do is go and see if he has any available if not then go and rent from someone else who is there there are other people there that are renting out golf carts n scooters too .

someone once told me " you will get sick of cruising " I just smiled and said " Only when I'm dead " 😀

• 2 weeks later...

AHHH just the answer I was looking for! I sent 2 emails to Nathan but no reply to either one (not even in my spam folder)! I guess we will just hope that there are some gold carts to rent when we arrive!!! Usually I prefer to pre-book all of our excursions but in this case it looks like it is better that we wait.

• 3 months later...

Karib Golf Carts in Grand Turk:

We have visited Grand Turk twice and will be returning in January. You can go right outside the gates to see if he has a golf cart if you have not reserved in advanced. They seem to go faster than Nathan” carts’. This company is dependable; that is they are at the right outside the gate when the ship docks and not an hour late. There are ATV rentals available,too. but we prefer golf carts. The view from the lighthouse was awesome. Govenor's beach wasn't quite as nice as I thought it would be. The prison ($3 admission) and the Turks and Calicos Museum ($5 admission) were interesting.

Karib Auto Rental. Max Latortune. 649-242 -7826

E-mail: karibarental@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ karibarental