Grand Turk Nathans Golf Carts

swimgirl1

I had booked a cart back in 2010 for a cruise. We never made the port because it was cancelled. I had a refund on my card from Nate by the time I got home.

I emailed him on Monday about a cruise in 3 weeks. I heard from him yesterday.

"Island Time" is unpredictible!

Just FYI Nathan apparently is having issues with his computer. I have spoken to him 2 times over the last week or two. He has not been able to answer e-mails. I did reserve 2 carts for September. He has charged my credit card but I have no e-mail confrimation

Just back from a cruise..Reserved Carts many months ago and paid with credit card over the phone to Nathan. On the cruise our itinirary changed and we arrived at Grand Turk a different day than scheduled - BUT my cart was waiting for me. Great Fun - not too much to see around the island - lots of donkey and horses - hit a small flea market - drove to the light house and back. Probably drove around for 2 hours....

We did not stop to fill up gas so gave them $20 when we got back -

spoke with Nathan this noon, he said that his e-mail is now "back up and running good". Asked me to e-mail him with my info, I did, and got his reply within the hour!

We did this last time in GT, and it was an absolute blast and we hope to repeat the performance:D

When I talked with him (saw the charge on my CC) he said that if the ship doesn't dock then a refund will be given. I didn't receive a confirmation as he stated but I since I saw it on my charge card I feel I am secure. He was so funny, definitely Island style. When answering the phone he just says "hello"..lol..I had to ask "is this Nathan?". He said yes..as so the conversation went from there..but there was a delay in speaking and once we got cut off. We both got a laugh over that. I though a shark must've bitten the line (I know it's satellites but I preferred my idea anyway).

I finally heard back from Nathan as well, and have my cart booked. Hopefully we will not encounter a hurricane and will dock without problems. Looking forward to spending the day relaxing and exploring.

Have tried to email Nathan 2 times and still have not received a reply. Would someone please confirm the email address so I can try again. We will be on Grand Turk October 3 and would really like to tour the island via a golf cart. Sounds like so much fun. Thanks for your help. ;)

His e-mail address is nathanandlinda@tciway.tc I have been trying to get a confirmation e-mail from him for 2 weeks now. I've called him and he said his e-mail was down and that was last week. I'm starting to think maybe his problems are sporadic and thars why some get thru and some don't.

When you book you need the confirmation e-mail to pick up your cart. I have no idea what will happen if we go without it. I'm going to keep trying because we have a little time before our cruise. Good luck in getting thru!!

• 4 months later...

All I had to do was send a text and I got a call a few minutes later. I reserved the cart over the phone and I was sent a confirmation text afterwards. I rented from Nathan in 2011 and didn't have any problems what so ever. I'll let you know how it goes this time around. Of course I don't sail until May so it will be a while.

Nathan is still experiencing internet problems as of 8/11. He has 2 telephone numbers he can be contacted at. (649) 231-4856 OR (649) 432-2465.

We have a cart reserved, our second time, and will post a report after our return. Last time was great! One must remember that these are golf carts, not cars, and get some pretty heavy usage. That all contributes to the novelty and the adventure in our opinion. be sure to get a map from the info booth in the cruise center before going outside the gate where Nathan sets up. His map is a copy and not that good.

We rented from Nathan last year and 4 adults had a good time driving around and seeing the island.

The seat belts, at least on the cart we had, were rusted and not functional, making it dangerous for the 2 people sitting in the back and facing opposite of the direction being traveled. I would NOT want to have kids back there and worried constantly about the 2 adults.

• 2 weeks later...

Arrived at the port, we were the first off and Nathans crew were ready and prepping the carts. Signed the forms with our DL info and off we went, less than 10 min, just like last time. There isnt a better way to see the island! $100 for the 4 seater, $80 for one of his brand new 2 seaters!!

• 2 weeks later...
For those who have done Grand Turk by golf cart what are some things to see places to stop for lunch brsched etc? Thanks om advance!

A view from the lighthouse area, not you can't go into or up the lighthouse. We didn't stop and eat anywhere. Drove all around, took in the sights and stopped at Governor's Beach. ( I think it was called that) It was very nice there and not crowded.

34fe9fm.jpg