Luggage storage in Dover

Does anyone know of a place in Dover that would store our luggage for a few hours while we go to the castle, etc. After we look around Dover we will be going to Canterbury for the rest of the day and staying there before heading to Heathrow.

I don't see how we can do any touring in Dover if we're hauling our luggage around--we'll only have one medium size suitcase each, (I hope), plus a small carry-on, but I still can't see us rolling it all around the castle, etc.

Does anyone know of a place in Dover that would store our luggage for a few hours while we go to the castle, etc. After we look around Dover we will be going to Canterbury for the rest of the day and staying there before heading to Heathrow.

I don't see how we can do any touring in Dover if we're hauling our luggage around--we'll only have one medium size suitcase each, (I hope), plus a small carry-on, but I still can't see us rolling it all around the castle, etc.

I know, that there is no at the cruise terminal...

but just generally:

Have you thought about renting a car which might solve all problems at once:

Baggage storage...

Transport to Canterbury and baggage storage again...

Transport to Heathrow.

Europcar (http:/www.europcar.co.uk) is in walking distance from the cruise terminal and so you can get the car while your companion is waiting with the luggage at the cruise terminal.

It's half as wild to drive on the other side... if you made it possible to do five loops around the first rotary which is directly at the port entrance you'll make all the way back to Heathrow.

Regards,

HeinBloed

I looked into this while I was still planning on being in Dover for only the day. I didn't want to drive in the UK, so after pricing a hired car w/driver by the hour, decided it was less expensive to just rent a lower priced hotel for the day as a place to drop off luggage. Hotels in that area are relatively inexpensive.

Archived